Saikyou no Madoshi. Hisa ni Ya wo Ukete Shimatta no de Inaka no Eihei ni Naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - I Was the Strongest Sorcerer. And Then I Retired

@Rezhio, yeah, but considering we are basically privy to every thought that goes through his mind it's strange that at most it merits a passing mention from him, and absolutely no debilitation. At this point his knee injury is basically an informed attribute.

@Rezhio
It really depends on the execution, they don't need to constantly mention it, but it should have some noticeable impact even without it being mentioned, like being unable to chase after enemies if he needs to, or catch up to people when he needs to, necessitating magic and the like. Maybe less of a reliance on physical ability, unlike him manhandling the wolves... The whole premise is that his knee injury is enough to make him consider retiring to some quaint quiet town for rest and relaxation after all, it'd be nice if these manga actually used their interesting premises instead of dumping them or making them irrelevant as soon as possible.

Dex-chan lover
@Robbini - Later in the novel they clarify the hero party composition.
and everybody except the MC is a pretty girl.

@ashtray - in the novel, they specify the arrow was a magic arrow, not an arrow shot from a bow.

Dex-chan lover
@flannan

Then my question is. Who contacted who to let him into the party ? Was he recommended by someone else when they were recruiting, did he meet them himself and recommend himself or did they simply more or less walk up to him and ask him to join?

Dex-chan lover
@Robbini - at this point, there is no information on that. Given what we know about the Hero, I'd assume
she just walked on the streets, saw the MC, decided she wants him for the party, and told him to join the party. And it worked, because the Hero is that special.

Contributor
Can't the greatest wizard create a *magical* leg prothese?
But even more significantly MARRY THAT ELF GIRL!!! 😍

Dex-chan lover
@Nk9bjP4A When we think plants, we tend to think about the ones that need to photosynthesize at least a little. But there are plants that don't need to do so at all. In a cave like that, I'd imagine the plant is parasitizing fungi or something.

Dex-chan lover
I love how cozy this manga feels so far. Elf girl is so cute she just makes me smile.

Not to be a but irl if your knee or foot is mangled usually you just get it amputated and wear a prosthetic. No more pain and you can still walk around albeit with a limp. Strange they didn't even mention it, like "oh the wound damaged my soul amputation would only make it phantom pain" or something.

Contributor
Ah... japanese people and their random lobbing off english names... I will cry if someone changed my Philips to Fee-san...

there is some differences between manga and novel . in the novel MC is in his mid or late forties

Dex-chan lover
unknown.jpeg

Never expected that a Skyrim meme would make it into an isekai Manga/novel.

Users who are viewing this thread