Saikyou no Maou ni Kitaerareta Yuusha Isekai Kikanshatachi no Gakuen de Musou Suru - Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
Yeah this has just become such a nothing burger for me. Ultimately happy it got picked up for those that can enjoy it though. And the translation/scanlation is really great.
Please author, please just let Kanon be a kinda tsun, overconfident friend. Don't make her a A-hole with a superiority complex that looks down on people and pities them. I'm tired of every nice, non MC affiliated character bbebeing a secret POS in manga. It isn't a cool twist anymore.
She was actually literally the only part of the chapter I enjoyed. She was a bit haughty and bragged about her status, but she worked hard to obtain it and is at the end of the day a highschooler. It's not different from someone studying for a test and wanting to brag they got an A because they did good work and put in effort and honestly wanting praise for that is fine. Afterward she never really said anything to diminish the others despite their lower status. Rather she gave sound advice. Plus she specifically said the MC's rank did matter and immediately acknowledged him purely based off the female main character trusting him as her "master". Similar characters in similar manga would make a whole point of "hating" their former bestie because they've gotten weak and we'd have a whole thing of the MC teaching her that status isn't everything and there's more types of strength and blah blah BOOM instant friendship. Here she's already genuinely happy to reconnect with her closest friend and fondly remembers helping her in the past and never really does or says anything intentionally (or even really misaktenly) rude directed at the main cast.

What I found funny (and kinda hated) is that it basically showcased that the female MC (yh I remember zero names at this point), is basically just a parasite. Like to the point it's kinda toxic. At least from what we saw her "best friendship" was all take on her end. She latched onto someone stronger and got trained, protected, and literally carried. And she's doing the exact same thing again... I get the goal is for her to get the strength to stand on her own and feet and be a real hero but she's just such a nothing character... and like literally the only reason the MC and plot is put into more danger at this point because she doesn't seem to understand her situation (or her environment) yet keeps acting like she can become super-man.

Fed-Kun's army
Seems like a nice way to balance him. He may have overwhelming stats and experience to the point he'll demolish anyone if it's a death battle, but lose out in situations where a hyper-specific/functional hax is better suited.

Dex-chan lover
Why didn't he have SP?
Back in Chapter 7 Komari did a whole bunch of things which got them to -3000SP which is why they went to subjugate the Demon Lord. And because they are a team this also affected Kyoya as well.

Dex-chan lover
You're doing well for a novice translator. The only thing I'd nitpick is whether it's "stimulated" or "simulated".
When I first ran it through the translator, it showed stimulated. I ran it through it again and now it's showing simulated. Or maybe I'm just dyslexic.

I'll change it in future translation.

Dex-chan lover
As a DougDoug viewer, I am required by law to say:

RIGGED

"even murder" yeah because that's totally not retarded at all in this context. Why would anyone even wanna stay. It's ridiculous that no one has noticed yet that they are basically in a prison and getting culled. Yet no one tries to rebel or take off?

Huh? I recall in chapter 1, the school clearly states that the school can erase any hero powers and make that person becomes normal person if he/she chooses to not attend the school.

That's why the main char cannot show off his power because he is on the mission to restore the cat to its original form. If the school takes all the power from him, he has no chance to complete it.

Do you want to show off if you know the hard fact that the school has that abilities to exterminate any of your power and make you powerless.

I still don't understand why people criticise the main char for hiding his power if he still doesn't know the abilities of the school. Even the main char is strong, he doesn't have any unique cheat abilities like the girl that can move the entire class to different dimensions. People keep saying the main char is stupid but he's still doing fine while keeping his power and investigate the school.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe i misunderstood the raws? Doesn't that happen cause
he loses not cause he is intentionally losing but cause bullshit op powers keep surprising him before he can actually react. Like in one round i recall from the raws that he loses capture the flag cause the other team had a teleporter who just bamfed to the flag and won before the mc could blink.
More like they're taunting him and he's not taking the bait.

Dex-chan lover
"even murder" yeah because that's totally not retarded at all in this context. Why would anyone even wanna stay. It's ridiculous that no one has noticed yet that they are basically in a prison and getting culled. Yet no one tries to rebel or take off?
They cant rebel... They are all useless compared to "real" hero, they would be taken down in an instant.

Dex-chan lover
Will MC win? No.
Is this because he don't want to stand out? No, his power is meant for fight and kill, not to play sport.

Dex-chan lover
I wanted to get the communities input on something.

So what i translated as "tourney" is "トーセン" in the raws. This translate literally translate to "Tōsen" but I chose "tourney" because I couldn't find out what that was and "tourney" fit since the whole thing was a tournament.

I know proper translations and localization is a big issue so would people prefer to have it as "Tōsen" so should I just keep it as "tourney"

Huh? I recall in chapter 1, the school clearly states that the school can erase any hero powers and make that person becomes normal person if he/she chooses to not attend the school.

That's why the main char cannot show off his power because he is on the mission to restore the cat to its original form. If the school takes all the power from him, he has no chance to complete it.

Do you want to show off if you know the hard fact that the school has that abilities to exterminate any of your power and make you powerless.

I still don't understand why people criticise the main char for hiding his power if he still doesn't know the abilities of the school. Even the main char is strong, he doesn't have any unique cheat abilities like the girl that can move the entire class to different dimensions. People keep saying the main char is stupid but he's still doing fine while keeping his power and investigate the school.
I am confused. If I am not mistaken, MC was summoned by cat girl and not by a goddess, that is why he has no unique skill or cheat. If nothing is given by the goddess, the fuck will they take away? Mofo trained for 30k years, I am sure they can’t just “take” away his experience. If the goddesses were even all that powerful, cat girl would have been killed instead of sealed by the gods. Pretty sure this is some bullshit reasoning by the author because the logic doesn’t fit. Either way, do point out of I am wrong because I read the starting few years ago

Users who are viewing this thread