Saikyou no Maou ni Kitaerareta Yuusha Isekai Kikanshatachi no Gakuen de Musou Suru - Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
It is a word in english, it also has a synonym "no one" if that whitespace helps you. Unlike "Alot" and "a lot" (which aren't synonyms, former word being a fantastical mythological beast)
Nonstandard spelling of no one.
American users (COCA) prefer the spelling no one to either noone or no-one by more than 500 to 1.
UK users (BNC) prefer no-one to noone 50 to 1 and no one to noone 12 to 1.

Next you'll be telling me "nucular" is a word.
Anyway, and regardless, arguing about this is ultimately pointless because it's semantics, and as I implied in my first post, I usually don't correct people for semantically misquoting the material they are claiming to "literally" quote.
No one has claimed a literal quote. It's obvious that I don't think they said "Oh, you'd bend them over a desk" verbatim. The Japanese don't even speak like that :questionblob:

Dex-chan lover
Is still an accepted correct spelling. "frequently"/"sometimes" is not "always". I have a feeling that note was added because certain dialects of languages are per their definition following a single authoritative source (ie. oxford english), unlike the concept of language itself (language is correct so long as enough ppl speak the same). And many of those only ascribe to a singular version of the word (ie. oxford english).
See the subheader "alternate forms"
American users (COCA) prefer the spelling no one to either noone or no-one by more than 500 to 1.
UK users (BNC) prefer no-one to noone 50 to 1 and no one to noone 12 to 1.
Luckily a language is more than a single dialect defined by any authority. Any language - in this case english - includes all dialects and ideolects (and whatever other 'lects), and arguably any dialect with an authoritative source is the most incorrect ones, as opposed to naturally occurring ones.

Though must say I found those stats interesting, and do like their sheer existence as it implies the quoted authorities actually did investigate what is most commonly used by their target demographic (makes the authority closer to correct).
50 to 1 was surprisingly close though (I would honestly expect similar differences in preferences of regular synonyms such as like "bike" and "bicycle" [to just randomly pick any pair of synonyms]).
Had I been one of those polled I would usually be biased to answer whatever I know is the more formal version (aka what is taught in schools, which I think is likely oxford english over here?), and not what I actually use. A bit interested in their methodology there (though not enough to look it up :p), as the numbers are close enough that I wonder if they took measures against such bias.
Next you'll be telling me "nucular" is a word.
Well, yes. I have seen it enough to agree that it is one (just like "spacial" for spatial), even if you would never catch me dead while using either of them (or catch me alive, for that matter). That (usage begets legitimacy) is exactly how language works, indeed.
No one has claimed a literal quote. It's obvious that I don't think they said "Oh, you'd bend them over a desk" verbatim. The Japanese don't even speak like that :questionblob:
I think they are referencing a part of a comment from someone named buyvelomobiles (edit: that's you! :0):
Literally page 14.
Though I would argue that it's quite obvious that the usage there was as a synonym to "figuratively[but with emphasis/exaggeration for dramatic effect]", which has been wholly standard since... longer than I have lived I think? (though probably as proscribed as "noone" is, in the same dialects that proscribe "noone")

Dex-chan lover
Literally page 14. He wants to try, but not hard enough to blow his cover. The conversation was

"Man, but they got those cheat powers.

Then why don't you fuck 'em up for real?"

, not "Man, but they got those cheat powers.

Yeah, that's going to be hard. But I know you can do it!"
ah yes post losing streak. But they both acknowledged that using his power right away would blow their cover in that same page. So he has to be sneaky. He could probably beat those powers in actual combat if he wanted to, but these aren't traditional combat. Especially when you consider that he doesn't know what the cheat abilities will be before the fight. The best example is that very first match with the guy who can teleport objects. if he didn't know it was coming, how the hell was he supposed to counter an instant teleport of the flag to the opponents hand which is basically an instant win for them?

To be clear, I am not saying he couldn't floor them in combat, he absolutely could if he tried, but until the losing streak was literally field day games like capture the flag. Not team combat.

Team combat comes later and hoo boy i can't wait.

Also stop feeding the grammar troll that keeps correcting you.

Dex-chan lover
Though I would argue that it's quite obvious that the usage there was as a synonym to "figuratively[but with emphasis/exaggeration for dramatic effect]", which has been wholly standard since... longer than I have lived I think?
No, it's "Literally" page 14. Not "figuratively" page 14. Not "right around" page 14,but literally, and exactly, the 14th page of the chapter is the page where they discuss that his serious efforts would earn him a victory. The use of "literally" in this context is to further emphasize the exact, precise nature of the citation, as opposed to a more vague, general discussion of some implicit tone they carry throughout a spread of pages.

Especially when you consider that he doesn't know what the cheat abilities will be before the fight. The best example is that very first match with the guy who can teleport objects. if he didn't know it was coming, how the hell was he supposed to counter an instant teleport of the flag to the opponents hand which is basically an instant win for them?
Set up one of his own? The guy's got a single sword that ate up a trillion of some cheat's lives in mere seconds. Surely he could have prepared something to get the flag even faster than the other guy, or guard his own somehow. The sky's the limit when your protagonist has been set as having trained for 30,000 years to fight the strongest thing ever. Like, surely if he was going all out, he wouldn't pick an option that would allow the numerically superior cheat skill holders time to react, right?
Also stop feeding the grammar troll that keeps correcting you.
Yeah, I gave up when he tried telling me "nucular" is a word.

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to assume its 30k years of fighting the strongest thing.....through physical combat. This mean he has not much exposure to random gimmicks to sense any other than straight up magic circle etc.

Fed-Kun's army
Well that was really disappointing and lame.

That was my first thought, but then I realized it's actually kind of neat. The usual cliche in stories like this would be that he styles all over them, or loses because he intentionally throws the match (like he was planning).

But here he actually lost, and I at least can't think of a good way for him to win given the powerset he's displayed now.

Sure, in a real fight he'd annihilate all of them, but this isn't a real fight. This is specifically a case of the other team using super specialized cheat powers to win a game within rules. It's, dare I say, interesting.

Well, for a story like this.

No, it's "Literally" page 14. Not "figuratively" page 14. Not "right around" page 14,but literally, and exactly, the 14th page of the chapter is the page where they discuss that his serious efforts would earn him a victory. The use of "literally" in this context is to further emphasize the exact, precise nature of the citation, as opposed to a more vague, general discussion of some implicit tone they carry throughout a spread of pages.

Set up one of his own? The guy's got a single sword that ate up a trillion of some cheat's lives in mere seconds. Surely he could have prepared something to get the flag even faster than the other guy, or guard his own somehow. The sky's the limit when your protagonist has been set as having trained for 30,000 years to fight the strongest thing ever. Like, surely if he was going all out, he wouldn't pick an option that would allow the numerically superior cheat skill holders time to react, right?

Yeah, I gave up when he tried telling me "nucular" is a word.

No, seriously, what's he gonna do when the other team can literally teleport the flag away instantly? A vacuum sword that eats up godzillions of lives isn't gonna help him with that if the match is over by the time he's drawn his sword. Has he actually displayed any ability to stop teleportation or whatever?

Dex-chan lover
No, seriously, what's he gonna do when the other team can literally teleport the flag away instantly? A vacuum sword that eats up godzillions of lives isn't gonna help him with that if the match is over by the time he's drawn his sword. Has he actually displayed any ability to stop teleportation or whatever?
No. He also didn't display the ability to consume one trillion souls until the writer decided to throw that in. They both seem extremely confident, despite the shows of power, that he'd win, if he actually tried. This isn't some cocky, pre-fight bluster, it's "So I see they teleported to the flag, teleported the two of you out, mind controlled your teammate, and don't get me started on that wormhole. Why didn't you just win?

And blow my cover? No thank you"

We don't know specifically that he has anything against it, but they have more than enough information at this point to make a judgement about his odds of victory, and the deciding factor is clearly "hiding".

Dex-chan lover
I fail to see how it would be a problem for him to actually go all-out. He's supposedly worried that it would lead to people figuring out who the cat really is, but what TF does the cat have to do with it (from other people's perspective)? Does his "all-out" involve swinging her around like a flail, or summoning her and commanding her to fight in his stead? I think not, because last I checked he spent all those thousands of years training to defeat her, but couldn't because he loved her too much.
If anything comes out of him going all-out, even if that involves using her strength, it would only be that people would come to realize just how strong the enemies were in the world that summoned him, that he has that much strength and still couldn't "clear" it.

Dex-chan lover
I fail to see how it would be a problem for him to actually go all-out. He's supposedly worried that it would lead to people figuring out who the cat really is, but what TF does the cat have to do with it (from other people's perspective)? Does his "all-out" involve swinging her around like a flail, or summoning her and commanding her to fight in his stead? I think not, because last I checked he spent all those thousands of years training to defeat her, but couldn't because he loved her too much.
If anything comes out of him going all-out, even if that involves using her strength, it would only be that people would come to realize just how strong the enemies were in the world that summoned him, that he has that much strength and still couldn't "clear" it.
He failed to kill his world's Demon King. He's also the only guy with a familiar, IIRC. So he's this strong, failed to kill it, has a mysterious familiar which seems to have nothing to do with his strength. Something's not adding up there. Look into him, they might realize he doesn't have the "root", which raises further questions about the nature of the familiar, since you can't just say "Oh, it's a cheat thing" and be done with it.

Dex-chan lover
will he ever just say screw it and go all out. just go my demon lord was to powerful and sent you back. idk wish to see him go ham on them and put a end to this
He'll be forced to fight in the future

That isn't at all what happened...

He lost cause of the cheat skills others have that he doesn't. Literally what could he do against the guy who could literally teleport the flag into his hand in capture the flag? Or being teleported out of bounds? He has not cheat skills, just an absurd amount of combat training. Thats kind of something the other groups have over him, if this was just an all out brawl he would decimate them.
yeah, its a rather cheesy tournament, probably done intentionally to set in how unfair the system is.
For us readers, that unfairness creates that edgy angst to try and hook us into reading more. xD

Dex-chan lover
It's actually quite simple. MC go all out -> People start to wonder which world he's sent to, some goddess may figure out from how MC use skills (Next 1-2 chapter hint that there're goddesses who know the cat waifu) -> Find out the secret -> Witch hunt begin
Remember that MC's hiding a demon king (And a very dangerous one), those isekai students won't leave them alone

Dex-chan lover
He failed to kill his world's Demon King. He's also the only guy with a familiar, IIRC. So he's this strong, failed to kill it, has a mysterious familiar which seems to have nothing to do with his strength. Something's not adding up there. Look into him, they might realize he doesn't have the "root", which raises further questions about the nature of the familiar, since you can't just say "Oh, it's a cheat thing" and be done with it.
I actually went back to figure out what you were talking about with his Root, which didn't take long because all that information was right in the first 3 chapters. His [Root] wouldn't tell them much, all they would find is that he was summoned to a doomed and abandoned world. Beyond that, it would tell them either that he simply couldn't kill the demon lord that destroyed thousands of worlds and killed off everything in her current world, or that he did defeat her but had to return under his own power because everything in the world was dead and so did not receive a [Savior Crest] for clearing the world.

They created this suspense about her being in danger because they're surrounded by gods at that school, and that they'd be a threat if they found out she was a demon lord, but right there in Ch2 it was revealed she was artificially made into a demon lord, and then the [Root] that made her a demon lord was destroyed the very next chapter. They can investigate her all they want and they won't find anything to contradict her being a pet or a familiar he created.

The gods could pull a "we've been watching you" card, but all that would tell anyone is that the gods aren't to be trusted. They'd just be admitting that they knew this man defeated some of the most dangerous demon lords yet, failed to acknowledge his conquests on their own, and let the school they control continue to treat his as the bottom dregs of the hierarchy because it was more convenient for them than to properly acknowledge his strength.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's actually quite simple. MC go all out -> People start to wonder which world he's sent to, some goddess may figure out from how MC use skills (Next 1-2 chapter hint that there're goddesses who know the cat waifu) -> Find out the secret -> Witch hunt begin
Remember that MC's hiding a demon king (And a very dangerous one), those isekai students won't leave them alone
^See above post^

Dex-chan lover
pp eroded to clit after being used for 30000 x 365.25 times...
30.000 years... mc that's beyond pathetic...
XEwKrXF.png

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Ah yes, we are back with an arc which is, not only a tournament arc, but also an "I don't want to stand out so I will throw every match" arc. And now their opponent team seems to have taken performance enhancing drugs and are now turned into a Mashle-duo or something. Quite an irritating chain of events :kek:

Dex-chan lover
I think that's the point, the enemy F-rank team that they're fighting right now is the real one they're supposed to fight. That's why the other angel was interested.

Or that she knew they were gonna dope up and force him to do something, instead of just win with roundabout tactics.

Users who are viewing this thread