Salaryman ga Isekai ni Ittara Shitennou ni Natta Hanashi - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
man at this point the Shokugeki no Soma clothes exploding is such an overused boring ass trope just gonna be real

Dex-chan lover
Salaryman ga Isekai ni Ittara Shitennou ni Natta Hanashi is a cooking manga

Fed-Kun's army
He thinks too hard. Mans should've just said "Cool dragon fist broski"

Dex-chan lover
A loser dude. Never mind insulting Ulmander, the bigger problem is his attitude. It's disappointing he so easily dismisses something he doesn't have personal experience of. That's the kind of thinking that makes even big corporations crumble and go bankrupt, when more nimble competitors eagerly embrace new ideas and technologies.

And thus, food wars began again. May all the monster girls have their clothes blown away by modern human cooking.

Dex-chan lover
Page 1, me: "Pig men eating a boar that ate pig men? Really?"
Page 2, MC: "Pig men eating a boar that ate pig men? Really?"

Dunno why but that made me feel good.

Dex-chan lover
I'd say she's being overly sensitive about it. Even if he insulted her there, she knows he didn't mean to. Tell him what he did, why it's insulting, he'll probably apologize and strive to do better trying to understand her perspective. She doesn't need to immediately forgive him or anything, either. Make him work for it.

Instead, she abandons him in some village when she's basically been operating as his bodyguard so far because he's weak and fragile by comparison to literally everyone and everything around him. Whatever's going on with their personal interactions aside, she's kind of neglecting her job now. A job she cherishes, that was given to her by this person that she greatly admires. This seems to run against how she's been written so far. She should be openly hostile towards him about this, if anything. But no, she's neglecting her duty just to avoid him for a bit.

the demon king reminds me of that one character from this one show i dont remember anything about except the last part where the 2 dudes suit thingy turn golden.

i finally found it after a long time of looking for it the name was madan senki ryukendo. idk why the demon king just reminds me of it. and code geass the mecha with the wing and black body

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro I have to agree. Plus, I don't even know how it's insulting. She herself admits that using the magic that takes a while to disappear is annoying and she didn't want to. He suggests thinking out of the box and relying on something other than magic (again, magic SHE did NOT want to use). She says it's insulting.
What?

I don't know, I liked the premise, and the first chapters were silly and funny, but... At this point I feel the comedy isn't quite high enough to qualify as comedy, and the "seriousness" isn't quite good enough to treat it as a...idk what to call it... "normal story"?
Feels a bit disappointing, honestly. Kind of a pity.

Dex-chan lover
It's pretty silly that a civilization with a kitchen and potted salt doesn't know how to prepare meat beyond charring it.
Salt was a preservative before it was a condiment. Pots are essential in food preservation.
Food isn't plentiful, so it would make more sense if they ration their meats by setting aside most of it and prepare them for storage.
Food preservation is as old as mankind (prehistoric).

Contributor
Hopefully this isn't one of these idiotic series were the mc stays weak the whole time and only survives thanks to plot armor...

Users who are viewing this thread