Salaryman ga Isekai ni Ittara Shitennou ni Natta Hanashi

The fuistes translator who claimed hes not fluent in english is actually fluent???

@krellio He has good basic fluency but there is one error in the translation:

pg 3:

Uchimura: Those two don't get along, do they? (this is good and the uses contractions appropriately).

Ululu: Yes, they're on bad terms. (ERROR! You do not use "Yes...", you should use "No, they on bad terms". See below for why).

Question: Why is it technically wrong for Ululu to use "Yes, they're on bad terms"?

Answer: A negative question is one that is worded in such a way as to require a “no” response for an affirmative answer and a “yes” response for a negative answer. In other words, negative questions switch the “yes/no” response order of regular, or positive, questions to a less intuitive “no/yes” order. - sourced from www.theenglishland.com

If Uchimura had asked "Do they have a bad relationship?" then Ululu could say "Yes, they do have one" or something to that effect. This is not a negative question because it does not use the negative verb form "do not".

Don't get me wrong, for a fan made translation this is pretty good but for some reason I get a bit triggered when it comes to negative questions.

The story,its GOOD,the MC is a good strategist and wants to create peace despite being demon lord and doesnt kill for fun,honestly my first impression is 8.9/10.The revenge triggered something in him and he became OP character😎

It was good in the begining now it’s just trash the dude was a normal dude in his world and now he’s in the military talking about strategies
to stop racism between 2 race so that they can stop their fort from getting fucked

Double-page supporter
Licensed by 7S today

https://sevenseasentertainment.com/2021/02/18/seven-seas-gets-promoted-with-license-of-headhunted-to-another-world-from-salaryman-to-heavenly-king-manga-series/

pretty good manga
fresh air in this heavily generic industry

the most heaviest part of any army is Logistic.
- Latin proverb,

you must prepare in peace everything you need in war.
-Latin proverb,

Good Management is as important as Good Sheet.
-Modern proverb,

this manga is not for most people, not for simple-mind, i don't like it so I'll fight it till I've got it, kind of people.

you even can learn something about how real-world works from this manga

I'd recommend it

This is pretty good, I think it holds potential to be something great. I can see this getting an anime adaptation :)))))

Dex-chan lover
when manga writers try to be "intelligent" you get these kind of manga. with their -2 iq understanding of logistics or war economies they try to write a fantasy "smart manga" and it just fails, and people lap it up cuz "hey smart mc i can be like that no?????"

a character can only really be as smart as their author, and this author is a moron, so to make the mc look smart, he makes every side character a complete idiot.

also fucking lmao at that kid saying how this manga isn't for the simple minded, despite the fact that isekai manga is literally for people who are capable of shutting off their brain to read this shit.

Users who are viewing this thread