Salieri & Mozart - Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
It's nice but goddness that Ha-Yun don't seem to care at all about Na-ra's feelings. I hate the trope when Girl is stoic and pushy when the other see her as a rival and the other still fall in love even if the stoic girl is just basically harrasing her over and over cause yeah, Ha-Yun is just harrasing Na-ra over and over, Na-ra keep pushing her and told her to stop but nope. Ha-yun don't take no as an answer and only stop just before what is pratically a "rape". But what we have in the end ? "I think i'm in love" goddness that Korean have a strange way to write romance.

yeah that was pretty uncomfortable...I hope that kind of thing does not happen again in this comic

Alright I feel the need to say this since everyones just decided to hate ha yun: Let's dissect: Part 1, the moyoung situation. People hated her because they believed she cheated or disregarded mo youngs' feelings (cheating can't even happen since they were never dating to begin with) not to mention mo young knew what their 'relationship' was and knew that they were only sneaking around for fun and practice. Ha-yun doesnt own mo young anything, or vice versa. She does not need to return mo youngs love or feelings and she didn't have any feelings for mo young since the start hence why she simply said she was sorry and left. And now for this chapter: Comparing it to borderline r*pe is a huge leap forward and paints ha yun as some sort of villaness which she very much isn't. Not to mention that na ra does like ha yun and does want to do things but she was so embarrassed that she just couldnt handle it. Ha yun was too pushy theres no doubt but she did apologize and stopped when the message was clear. Before then na ra had been saying things like "wait a minute" but had also asked ha yun questions about sex so its unfair to say she was being molested or some shit like h u h. So while ha yun was pushy, hating her for this is kind of crazy to me considering just how mild this story is. If you sincerly hate ha yun after these two things (which are the only things ive noticed her receive hate for) i just wonder how it's possible to enjoy most manga if like i said, this is completely mild compared. Ha yun cares about na ra it's not some bullshit made up feelings, she tried to comfort her when she noticed how na ra was flustered.

Dex-chan lover
She care too much, it's that the problem. She give no room for Na-ra to breathe at all, she is constantly on her back and annoy her for the time but since it's bound for her to be in love then it's ok. Thing is she should have understand before Na-ra start to cry that she going too far, Na-ra wasclearly not reading the mood/breaking it on purpose. "Bordeline rape" is not a huge leap, rape is just basically a lack of consent, which was clearly the case here. Ha-Yun is clearly one of the type of lover that i don't like a.k.a the jealous/possesive one who doesn't like that even come close to her crush/lover. Like come on, how little trust do you have ? I just want her to let Na-ra breath and being on her back and trying to know everything she does. They aren't technically going out and even they were, Na-ra should still have her privacy.

Annoying na ra? She's clingy which is true but to call it just annoying her as if she's nagging na ra in a negative way is not true. Na ra didn't cry she became red from embarrassment which is also why she kept breaking the mood because we know how her personality is and how shes goofy and silly in most all situations. Also the rape comment was definitely an overstatement. Rape is sex with a lack of consent. Ha Yun didn't touch Na-Ra's bare skin, didn't remove her clothing or put her hands under her clothes, she was hugging and kissing her however but that's not rape by definition. Rape is a serious matter and calling what happened in this chapter borderline rape is a severe overstatement. Ha-Yun is the clingy/cutesy lover type and she does become jealous (like when mo young kissed na ra out of contempt) but Na Ra has also gotten jealous in the past. They havent defined their relationship as dating or sat down to and specifically called it that and I don't know if they actually will since they are past that point so i would see no reason for them to ask eachother out officially considering all they've done. She asks Na-Ra things but saying shes on her back is once more an overstatement. She asked why she's swimming at night again recently, which is the only thing that comes to mind. If you overanalyze any story you are bound to find things you don't like and find reasons to hate characters which will make the story unenjoyable for you.

Dex-chan lover
w/e she just not have the kind of attitude i like for a relationship. She is just annoying to me.

Thats understandable. You wouldn't like someone like that for yourself in a relationship which is why you don't like the character. It makes sense. For me its the opposite 🤣🤣I would definitely like someone like Ha-Yun to be in a relationship with. The clingy/cutesy/top type is the kind of character I really like

Fed-Kun's army
Let's be honest, Ha-yun is a clingy brad that always seeks attention and love, but she does it because she likes Na-ra, and she made that clear to Na-ra. They're not dating but it's clear that Na-ra likes Ha-yun, She is comfortable with Ha-yun kissing her but she is not comfortable with Ha-yun trying to go all the way. Why? Well, because she doesn't understands it, it's weird and unknown, even though she likes Ha-yun she doesn't know how it would work between two women.
This kind of thing happens all the time, we might like something, but were not comfortable with everything that's related to that thing, we might be afraid of how it will be once we know more about it.
Ha-yun didn't do anything wrong, she was lead to believe that since Na-ra doesn't mind her kisses, or even likes them, maybe something more would make Na-ra happier.
Ha-yun even said what she intended to do, but when she tried to advance and Na-ra wasn't comfortable with it she stopped, Why? because her only intent was to make Na-ra feel better, she is constantly worried about Na-ra, and she knows how it feels to be overwhelmed with stuff since she stated that she was like that in her school years.
It's not rape, no one is forcing anybody, this is just an awkward situation between two girls that like each other and are trying to deal with their feelings.

And thank you so much for the chapter, I can't stress enough how happy I am reading this <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Dex-chan lover
Like talking to her about that isn't an option ? I know it's pratically a joke that mangas characters should just talk to each others instead of trying to know what the others want/mean but come on. It isn't the kind of thing you should do without asking the other party, especially when she was clearly feeling awkward about the situation. And that's a recurrent problem, Ha-Yun seem to misunderstand almost everything Na-ra try to say to her, at least when it's important. Like in the chapter, she said that she train because ofher, she clearly misunderstand as a positive thing when Na-ra didn't mean it in the slightest. That's what i meant by she kinda don't care about her feelings, Na-ra has clearly shown her jealousy/competitiveness over He-Yun's swimming abilities more than once but she don't seem to understand.

Dex-chan lover
nice chapter, at least hayun seems to be way more of a decent person with nara than she was with the short haired girl

Fed-Kun's army
@nims Well, not to sound like an ass... Sunbae isn't technically a good person either, aside from using drugs.. She was suuupper entitled and arrogant. She was basically threatening another student when she was caught using drugs at school.

@Lilliwyt I wouldn't over think it to much, they both can be portrayed as dense as hell for a couple chapters.

@Lilliwyt
Oh, I see, I also notice that about Ha-Yun, too, I think that somehow the genius is, kind of that…, you know, the title of the manhwa is telling some kind of that, between the genius and the one who seems to be that close to genius, Salieri (Na Ra) & Mozart (Ha Yun). I think maybe Ha Yun also seem to be interested in Na Ra, that emotion may be kind of love, I think so…
Ah btw, thank you so much for the chapter translation @skejii

I see a lot of hate for ha-yun and idk why honestly. I like her character, and why does everyone keep saying she raped na-ra? When na-ra said she didn’t like it ha-yun stopped immediately. If ha-yun had “raped” her then she’d just continue doing whatever she was doing to na-ra. And if ha-yun didn’t care about na-ra’s feelings then why would she stop right after na-ra told her to? She obviously saw she didn’t enjoy what was happening, and ha-yun understood that so she stopped.

Listen, if you dislike this manga or this writer’s romance story then please stop reading. This type of manga is not for everyone and yea that’s fine, but no need to spread the negativity around.

(I’m not looking for an online fight, just writing my thoughts since I feel the need to. Pls don’t come after meh TvT).

Dex-chan lover
For me this is still a better one than those other story who still went for doing the did even the other character said the BIG NO signal even struggling to death.
I don't dislike the little push.
Imo she still stopped when she saw nara is so serious of not doing it at the moment.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR THE TRANSLATIONS!❤

Users who are viewing this thread