Samayoeru Tensei-sha-tachi no Relive Game

Double-page supporter
@fhadlan123 Yeah, see this alot lately, genderswap happens in a story, but the author does nothing with it and the MC carries on like nothing happened or changed. which makes it pointless.

Group Leader
@fhadlan123 @Velsy and what if it's just a plot point and not the focus of the story, which seems to be the case here. i've been spoiled a bit, so i know there will be more about the genderswap, but i don't know to what extent.

@princess_daphie Are you working on the next chapter or do you have your other projects your working on? Thanks for all of your TL work I love Musume no Tomodachi and the Villainess so I knew you were the perfect TL for this work!!!! Lots of Love!!!!

Double-page supporter
@princess_daphie well providing theres not many chapters yet,. and at least it did somewhat matter with the early bathing scenes. Maybe I could be a little hard on it atm. Its just I've read a few genderswaping ones now and just about all them turn into pointless part of the story. Weather throwing in some comedy, some awkwardness or MC dealing out of comfort zone or personalty crisis, least have some type of development going with the theme. :/. What I find the few I read start to lack :/

Its also been ignoring what happened to the original girl too.

The ideas in this manga are unapologetically ripped from Soulsborne, especially Demon’s Souls more than others. I mean to start off, the idea is basically that everyone is the soul of someone who got killed by a demon, and they are forced to keep fighting and dying repeatedly until they either, presumably kill the 7 demon gods or lose their sanity, and when they die, they return to the mansion of wandering souls. In Demon’s Souls, you are a soul (because you are forced to die in the tutorial, even if you beat the boss you just get killed in a cutscene after) of someone who wandered into Boletaria, and you have to keep fighting and dying repeatedly until you kill the 5 archdemons and return the Old One to its slumber, or in lore, until you lose your souls and sanity (though the manga seems closer to hollowing from Dark Souls). When you die in Demon’s Souls, you are returned to the Nexus, a hub for wandering souls. Even setting the main concept aside, you also have shit like the enemies repeatedly revive over time, which is just the undead curse from Souls, and the just like Souls, these enemies are corrupted warriors that had set out to break the curse. It goes even deeper tho. The lady in the mansion that gives them the lore is basically just the Maiden in Black/DS3 Firekeeper/Emerald Herald/Doll, take your pick. And thinking of lore, you got a great king that that had a thirst for power ended up releasing a great curse that ended up consuming him as well, obviously either Allant with the fog or Gwyn with the curse of undeath. All of the soul warriors have a brand on their body, which is just the darksign from Dark Souls. Even shit like doing a suicide run to loot a weapon off of a dragon’s treasure stash, which is how you get the Astora straight sword in DS1. THEY EVEN USE SOULS AS CURRENCY FOR THE BLACKSMITH JFC.

Anyway, aside from giving the mc her personality, this has literally no reason to be a gender bender. Honestly I think the main appeal of this manga is just trying to see how many Dark Souls references you can find. Can’t wait for them to get to Anor Londo.

Fed-Kun's army
Resume: if you can't get a girl, become one!

And that's it.

Oh! And Dark Souls references.

Group Leader
@Keegan5567 Thanks a lot for this! And yes, I'll work on bringing this one up to speed! I'll continue on with my other 3 regulars and I'll see what I'll do once I've caught up! Actually this week, all the other 3 have new chapters, so I'll be busy for a while before I can do this one's next chapter, lol

Group Leader
12 chapters and all this feels like is Isekai Angel Beats.

Group Leader
@Tussaltest the one thing i can ensure is up to chapter 18. that's as far as is released for now! on the publisher's website, "next update" is mentioned as being "to be determined", so, who knows if and when we'll get anything new...

Power Uploader
@princess_daphie If you were referring to Comic-walker, then it's just an online platform to republish Kadokawa's titles (like Mangaplus for Shueisha) and not necessarily where the series is originally from. This manga is still being serialized monthly in Dragon Age, with chapter 21 being the latest one. They just don't add it to the online reader.

Users who are viewing this thread