Sanda - Vol. 7 Ch. 56 - The Whole Place Smells Like Cigarettes

Group Leader
More like The Whole Place Smells Like MTL.
Page 12 in particular is duwang-tier.
You can do better.

Group Leader
More like The Whole Place Smells Like MTL.
Page 12 in particular is duwang-tier.
You can do better.
MTL? As in Mistranslation? Maybe? I just go along with I’m given. Some stuff fs sounds mistranslated but idk if that’s just Paru kinda writing things silly, or just plain old mistranslation.

As for page 12, maybe I could’ve wrote it a bit better? But saying Duwang-tier is a little insane.

And yea, ik I can do better.

Dex-chan lover
MTL? As in Mistranslation? Maybe? I just go along with I’m given. Some stuff fs sounds mistranslated but idk if that’s just Paru kinda writing things silly, or just plain old mistranslation.

As for page 12, maybe I could’ve wrote it a bit better? But saying Duwang-tier is a little insane.

They're saying Machine TransLation. You're doing fine keep improving as you go.

Ngl got scared for sanda for a bit these dudes are psychos.

Group Leader

Your typesetting, redraws, etc are great, keep them up. But have a word with your TL. It looks like they just reworded google translate on each page.

E.g., pg 12 again, the google translation for the bottom right bubble is:
"Damaged items don't sell because they're against humanity. It would be bad if the boss found out about this."
(original text: キズモノはじんどうはん人道に反するから売れないぞこのことがボスにバレたらまずい)

Could be an AI that's slightly better than google? Either way, the whole chapter is full of typical MTL mistakes like directly translating "inhumane" as "against humanity'

Still, I appreciate your work all the same. Thanks for giving us chapters so often. Just tell your TL off for me please.

Group Leader
Your typesetting, redraws, etc are great, keep them up. But have a word with your TL. It looks like they just reworded google translate on each page.

E.g., pg 12 again, the google translation for the bottom right bubble is:
"Damaged items don't sell because they're against humanity. It would be bad if the boss found out about this."
(original text: キズモノはじんどうはん人道に反するから売れないぞこのことがボスにバレたらまずい)

Could be an AI that's slightly better than google? Either way, the whole chapter is full of typical MTL mistakes like directly translating "inhumane" as "against humanity'

Still, I appreciate your work all the same. Thanks for giving us chapters so often. Just tell your TL off for me please.
Going to explain few things here.

Translation was by Numbuh1 of Hybridgumi team. We did last few chapters of beastars.

We normally do live translation of the chapter when raws come out on discord servers [we have latest of 130 of Sanda]. We did massive proof reading before official releases on mangadex [for beastars]. Proof reading including checking other translators, Japanese, and how it sound on english.

For Sanda... We didn't get a drive to continue effort. Sanda is too weird compared to Beastars. Team members leaving [cleaner, redrawers]... Not to mention not wanting to compete with current group, thinking series was in good hand [hcs, jasmin that did Baki].

When I noticed Baking was picking up Sanda and doing public releases, I offered Numbuh1's live translations, which was ongoing regardless. translations being text to raw pages, no cleaning/redraws/typesetting.

It not Machine Translation, but sometimes terms were confusing and needed reference to the translation dictionary. Or needed compare to Japanese lore.

I'm sure these issues may be noted if there proofing... but again, the interest for full effort is gone. it just seeing wtf is written. compared to heart that was in besatars.

If you like, you can join the Hybridgumi's discord and see how the live translation works [around 30 minutes after raws release]

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what let him transform back? It seems almost like needing to identify a threat against himself as "a threat against children"... or maybe just realizing these are genuinely bad adults?

Thank you for the translation!

Aggregator gang
Another translation? What did I miss? Is this in another languages?

Aggregator gang
Machine Translation is just using AI/ Google Translate to translate chapters, from what I've learned (Not sure that's what you meant tho)
Well, from the comments above, I think there are more chapters got released here in MangaDex before yours.

I said another languages cause I turned off the language settings other than English and my locals.

Users who are viewing this thread