Saotome Senshu, Hitakakusu - Vol. 10 Ch. 119 - Saotome Senshu, Sensing

Dex-chan lover
We taking that L now but then we'll be getting a FAT L since the chairwoman saw through that question. Ugh Were about to enter hard times I say!?

Double-page supporter
It's been decades but all I heard in my head was Lil' Mac falling down in Punch Out.

Dex-chan lover
if we're already taking a big L then at least let saotome cheer him on, fuck it!, the principal already noticed might as well show support openly

Dex-chan lover
It's not even about winning or losing now. The faggot wanted a perfect win to show he overcame satoru. He didn't get that. He will win the match but it wont be perfect so he will take it as a personal loss and act like a faggot.

Dex-chan lover
BREATHE HARDER BOY! PUMP THAT OXYGEN INTO YOUR MUSCLES! YAMATO DAMASHII!

If any of you are surprised, this manga isn't about the MC winning, it's about the retarded drama that's about to unfold because the old hag next to Yae noticed her reaction to MC, which she will use as an excuse in her attempt to literally bury the MC.

How fucking dare he entice our precious virgin idol?!?!!?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, gotta appreciate it when an author lets his mc get curbstomped against personal bias. His defeat was not unexpected, but still, I feel the sting of how badly he's getting beaten now. Boi dun lost his nose bandage and everything D0=...

Dex-chan lover
Capturehgfgff.png

But, yeah, more realistic whatever whatever

But still.

I think I'm going to take a break for a few chapters, I understand Satoru completely, having all the effort in the world and dreaming of something and working towards it only to be beat by natural talent sucks. The fact Satoru is fucked means its over. Satoru will probably never become a good boxer and still never win a proper match. I still don't want Satoru to just be a coach I still want to believe he can be a good boxer, but damn man, damn.

Dex-chan lover
Him losing is realistic for this fight, this opponent. But what's not realistic is him never winning a match. He's got the effort, plenty of conditioning, very strong tactical sense, is pretty good at reading his opponent's moves, generally has a good defence and counter. Add in that frankly, most amateur boxing isn't about KOs it's about points, so it doesn't matter as much as one might expect that his punches are weak. Not every opponent is awesomely talented. He ought to be able to out-point a lot of opponents and get a decent win-loss record.

@Purplelibraryguy Satoru never winning reminds me of PunPun; this isn't realistic with how much he is getting defeated. I feel like this impact would have been better if Satoru actually was able to apply more points during a preliminary round when him and his opponent were feeling each other out, but he just gets one hit in and then loses immediately in the next round. A defeat can be disheartening and realistic, but this feels like a vindictive pleasure from the author to just curb stomp his male lead.

Users who are viewing this thread