Sasaki and Miyano

Is this actually shounen ai? Because on manga updates it says it's not? šŸ¤” and in the first chapter, third page it says something like "a boy's life story with absolutely no BL included". ??? So, what is the truth???

EDIT--- Also on the second page of first chapter, it says again "absolutely NO BL included", ā˜¹ so... no shounen ai?? šŸ˜­

This is probably what i'd recommend to someone to read if they were curious about the BL genre. It's well paced, there's no weird power dynamics and the characters actually behave like humans and you can relate to their issues easily. Straight 10/10 in my book, can't wait for the new updates

Dex-chan lover
No spoilers, but for many reasons y'all minds are gonna blow apart for vol 6. Only the first three chapters of that are on pixivć‚³ćƒŸćƒƒć‚Æ thus far but I read one of them at least twice a day for a month. My GOD.
I own everything but the spinoff novel digitally, and everything but the most recent volume and the Hirano to Kagiura manga physically.
Harusno-sensei makes the best boys. She also draws REALLY fast. Her YouTube has archives of what I caught live.

Dex-chan lover
@bigsnek
I really wouldn't recommend this as a starting point. It's a bit meta. Not only is one of the main characters fu, and a major plot point the sharing of BL with the other; there is a near constant subtext of commentary on, criticism of and subversion of BL tropes.
Amazon Japan reviews from first timers are all confusion and boredom.
Harenochi Shikibu is better. The translation of that has some serious errors, but then again the early volumes of this get the manner of speech of various characters wrong. Miyano doesn't ever cuss originally etc.

But BL isn't just gay romance manga. It's a got a very specific tone that you kind of need to be fu to truly get into.

@Thrembs
I see your point, bu I did make my comment out of personal experience. Sasaki ta Miyano was probably one of the first five shounen ai/BL manga I've ever read, and It still stands as one of the best in my opinion, just because of how wholesome and anti-tropey it is. It's a very credible and natural story and the character progression is fluid and well paced. It's more interesting and fun than most of the "traditional" BL stuff out there, in my opinion at least

Dex-chan lover
@bigsnek
Fair enough, but I imagine a lot of the subtle commentary on and reference to on BL and fu culture became more clear as you read more BL.
It's a good story on it's own, but there's a lot of meat and meta on the bones that the fu can find.

Dex-chan lover
I'm ahead of the translation by four chapters and I'm not gonna spoil it. My desire to do so... AAAAAAGH

Group Leader
Hi, I'm the one who translate ch 31 to INA language. I can translate it to English too, but my grammar is not perfect, so I might made some sentence sound weird.

Do you guys want me to do it while waiting for septemscans? Their group will tl sasamiya after their tankobon version released so it might be a bit long time til any new chapter released in English.

is a Reindeer
VIP
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck I NEED VOLUME SIX

it's always the ones i think i'm not gonna like that end up being so good eeeee off to stare at the raws

Group Leader
Deleted chapter 31 english! I'm sorry for bothering people and thanks for those who had enjoyed reading it!

Dex-chan lover
The spoiler chapter being gone here will make things less confusing for the newcomers.

32 points to a very clear, notable, and not-unwelcome change in tone. No spoilers beyond ā€œthese boys are adorableā€.

This is the cutest thing i could ever read this (ā‰§ā–½ā‰¦) I really love it ( ā—œā€æā— )ā™”
But the wait for the update is killing me T^T pls update.
I NEED MAH NEXT CHAPTERS
(ā•Æą²° n ą²°)ā•Æļøµ ā”»ā”ā”»

Dex-chan lover
AINā€™T NONE OF YOU READY FOR VOLUME SIX!!!
Itā€™s fantastic.
The whole time.

God! This is the best BL manga that could ever exist <3 <3
This is a so cute and a beautiful story
I really love it, it's an awesome way of spending time reading this
I hope they will have a long and a happy life finally together <3
Thank you so much for translating !!!

Dex-chan lover
Told you it was wonderful.
Beautiful. Glorious. Adorable. Slightly subtly horny at a few moments (thereā€™s a few bonus chapters that... I wonā€™t spoil.

...but, while I wish I didnā€™t care, I think someone is going crazy and wants to bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread