Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Mitsuha Goes to Another World

Kodansha isn’t just any “English publisher”, they are the publisher of this series (i.e. in Japan). This and other Kodansha series are available not just in digital volume format but also simulpub on K-manga
Still, their work is being touched by "localizers", so the fact that they're publishing their own manga online doesn't inspire the kind of confidence one would hope.

Dex-chan lover
Is this even still a thing? Last I heard it supposedly got the spin off sequel continuation treatment.
Hadn't heard this, any news on the name of the spin off?
That would be I shall survive using potions, not saving 80k gold. Potions had to get a spinoff because the mangaka changed.

Saving 80k gold conversely is unpopular in japan and popular internationally, its why its the least compiled into novles of the 3 FUNA series, but it is popular as a manga

Dex-chan lover
That would be I shall survive using potions, not saving 80k gold. Potions had to get a spinoff because the mangaka changed.

Saving 80k gold conversely is unpopular in japan and popular internationally, its why its the least compiled into novles of the 3 FUNA series, but it is popular as a manga
Oh I liked that one too, what is the name of the Potions spinoff?

Dex-chan lover
Oh I liked that one too, what is the name of the Potions spinoff?
https://mangadex.org/title/a1fe0826-e93b-4fb8-a19e-f1ca95362588/potion-danomi-de-ikinobimasu-zoku is the mangadex but i cant find a scanlation group thats working on it. Which sucks because it should pick up with The Princess of Feathers arc.

like, i want to get through Princess of Feathers and Deicide to get to Season 2. KKR and Little Silver are so much better then Kaoru's orphans, although i hope Francette's adepta sororitas convent returns soon in the novels to fulfill her crazed lesbian beserker slot in place of their grandma

Last edited:
https://mangadex.org/title/a1fe0826-e93b-4fb8-a19e-f1ca95362588/potion-danomi-de-ikinobimasu-zoku is the mangadex but i cant find a scanlation group thats working on it. Which sucks because it should pick up with The Princess of Feathers arc.
All of these works are objectively bad power fantasies. But instead of over-the-top fight scenes, we get the Japanese equivalent of a Girl Boss. In this case, it's a compulsive, psychopathic liar.

like, i want to get through Princess of Feathers and Deicide to get to Season 2. KKR and Little Silver are so much better then Kaoru's orphans, although i hope Francette's adepta sororitas convent returns soon in the novels to fulfill her crazed lesbian beserker slot in place of their grandma
Anime out of context.

Dex-chan lover
All of these works are objectively bad power fantasies. But instead of over-the-top fight scenes, we get the Japanese equivalent of a Girl Boss. In this case, it's a compulsive, psychopathic liar.
only Average Abilities is a power fantasy, Saving 80k gold is a spy thriller where Mitsuha is slowly turning everyone against her except the core 2 harem members (even then the princess and colette are only not murdering eachother because they know their girlfriend is fucking oblivious that shes pissing everyone off and that without eachother mitsuha will get herself hung), and Potions starts as a powerfantasy and instead devolves into purely FUNA nonsense combined with loonytoons nonsense.

only Average Abilities is a power fantasy, Saving 80k gold is a spy thriller where Mitsuha is slowly turning everyone against her except the core 2 harem members
Brother, Isekai Jumper powers are a power fantasy. You just haven't thought it through. Let me help you with that:

Besides that, she amasses money, and has an entire army at her beck and call, and she can avoid the consequences for basically anything by bullshitting people for a bit, then zipping away. And they let her, even knowing she's full of shit! How long did she spend without seeing the family that took her in at the start despite it taking less effort than it'd take either one of us to go for a piss?

and Potions starts as a powerfantasy and instead devolves into purely FUNA nonsense combined with loonytoons nonsense.
I dropped it at around the orphan arc. All I remember up until that point was that she could make potions do ANYTHING, yet she never actually made any potions that did anything she actually needed. I mean, the first time she did anything, she went out of her way to pick a servant that looked like her, despite the fact that she can just make a potion to shapeshift literally anything to look like her. Sprinkle in the usual compulsive lying from the author's series, and you've got the latest installment.

Who the hell would want to pick it up?

Dex-chan lover
Like am i the only one that enjoys this authors works then? Because that’s what it feels like.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread