Say something controversial

Dex-chan lover
controversial, ehhh? ok, we are well into the beginning of the end of the world as we know it. the youth have given up, and have no hope for their future, birth rates world wide are crashing, as well as the global economy. not to mention one of the largest mass extinctions in the history of the planet is currently taking place. we're all frickin doomed, DOOMED I TELLS YA! wait, is something that obvious even controversial at this point? edit; sorry, i forgot...CAT GIRLS RULE! ok, now i'm done.
No, humanity is persistent

We were get plague by 4 deadliest disease; cholera, smallpox, bubonic, covid and yet we prevail. We humanity may on our lowest point but we will rise even at the most bleak moment. The ray of hope shall shine through darkness and the darkness will not overcome it. So no I don't think we will extinct soon enough because I believe in humanity

Dex-chan lover
giving up is a moral vice. people with a backspine will simply continue living.
instead of going "its so joever" when facing existential threats, simply adopt the "fuck it we ball" school of thoughts.
it is your moral obligation to continue and not give up.
and remember, humanity is the best of species out there if only for the fact that you're part of it and only the best of species could have birthed you.

Dex-chan lover
Hope is a childish word, used by coinmasters and sect liders so their followers get blessed by ignorance and dogmatic beliefs. I also hope for biogenetics to create monster girls, hope for having a device to change my appearance at will or hope for summer not to have heat waves. Giving birth is a selfish act and the most cruel one where you bring another person to suffer in this world, and a good amount of people will pressure you in case you don't follow the cycle. On top of that, women are forced to carry their off-spring. Being a sentient species is nothing but a curse, and each of us is condemned to be free. So don't force morals on others if you don't want others to force their ideals on you. Freedom is not something someone's aware of until they become capable of thinking by themselves.
Tenet of the day: all hail to intellectual yuri lolis!

No, humanity is persistent

We were get plague by 4 deadliest disease; cholera, smallpox, bubonic, covid and yet we prevail. We humanity may on our lowest point but we will rise even at the most bleak moment. The ray of hope shall shine through darkness and the darkness will not overcome it. So no I don't think we will extinct soon enough because I believe in humanity
i didn't say we would go extinct, just that life as we now know it to be is coming to a close. greed, war, poverty, hunger, suffering, oppressive governments, all of these things are steadily increasing, leading to great upheaval and change in the future. hell, in the US we're only about a million EVs charging at the same time away from nationwide electrical grid failure. but that's the thing about change, it is the only constant in life and those who are unable or unwilling to accept and embrace change are doomed to be destroyed by it.

Dex-chan lover
Some people always complain about how the world is screwed and there is no hope left for humanity, but most of them are also those who refuse pratical solutions because they are not good enough, or because "Not in my backyard, try elsewhere", or because they just piss them off a little. No, i'm not pointing a finger at european ecologists who campaign against carbon tax or against nuclear power in favor of natural gas !

Sometimes, it's not about giving up or hope, just : "hey, you can't have it all, you have to do with practical solutions, you know".

Dex-chan lover
Man, this shit got heavy. :wtf:
when you offer someone a hopefullspeech and they still reject it in favor of mopping about how they're doomed, stop giving them attention.
Your waifu/husbando is (still) trash.
say what you want about the character of princess Kham, all I'm saying is that given how powerfull how race can become, the fact she'sa mother of like 5 children and they all grew up relatively okay, speaks volumes to her abilities as a mother.

Dex-chan lover
Local media making a big deal about the city's first 'zero carbon' building being built. Because if we twist the meanings of those words enough, they can mean anything! :facepalm:

I'm tempted to go set it on fire and unzero that carbon.

Dex-chan lover
I think everyone is at least on some level, secretly okay with eugenics so long as we don't touch those who are already living.
the only argument against it from a utilitarian perspective is that some genetic mutations/expressions might be usefull in the future for eitheir science or because the individualinflicted by it are immune to some disease that we don't know about yet.

Dex-chan lover
Quoting several political representatives: "we're selling intelligent missiles because we had a contract with X state, and since they're intelligent they won't kill the population".

Dex-chan lover
Whenever I hear AI gurus talking about AI being human-like or better what I understand is that they're simply turning the masses as stupid as they can to mold their brains to thinking a machine can do their work and even better, to make them dependent on that product and making them forget what they can do by themselves. Exactly the same that's been going on since the Industrial Revolution, but this time they aim to dull them to make them as childlike as possible. The new ChatGPT is another proof of that.

Banned
Whenever I hear AI gurus talking about AI being human-like or better what I understand is that they're simply turning the masses as stupid as they can to mold their brains to thinking a machine can do their work and even better, to make them dependent on that product and making them forget what they can do by themselves. Exactly the same that's been going on since the Industrial Revolution, but this time they aim to dull them to make them as childlike as possible. The new ChatGPT is another proof of that.
well said bro

Dex-chan lover
What i understand when AI-gurus talks, it's that they don't even understand their own products, they just try to sell them, they overstate what actual AI can do. Maybe it's because my CS degree or my one month internship in a CS laboratory where i've work with AI 10 years ago, but i just hear empty public communication (the politicaly correct term of "lies"). So i don't fear AI, i'm pretty sure it won't do anything except messing with artists a little. GPT-like chatbots are close to useless, they just replace an enshitified Google when you want a quick answer to something you don't really care.

Dex-chan lover
They're using AI even for final degree/master degree projects in universities, to write content of games (not only videogames, also TTRPGs), replacing interpreters because now it can automatically translate by voice to 100 languages and many other things... it's not just artists, they're replacing workers whose work quality cannot be assumed by an AI (because it is incapable of thinking, it just computates) and by these commodities killing individual creativity. Companies do as you say, sell a new product that will appeal to a lot of people, but the misuse that's causing is affecting even the educational system.

Users who are viewing this thread