Say something controversial

Contributor
look here man all i wanna do is defend my weed farm with automatic guns while living with my harem of femboys and tomboys is that too much to ask?
You don't need weapons, just a sign that reads "Jehova's Witnesses live here". That'll keep at bay mostly anyone, just in case put a second one a bit closer to your house saying "That one was a joke, but be aware of the dogs".

Dex-chan lover
when it comes to human sexuality, the phrase "its just a phase" is actually quite progressive as not only does it enknowledge the flexibility/fluidity of human sexuality but it also enknowledges the vices brought upon by modern development in our society and perticularly in how capitalism has heavily influenced the notion of queerness and created a propped up loud sub-group who are being more oftenthan not simply performance, all the while enknowledging the simple effectiveness of the "default setting" (straight and cisgender, althought for cisgender, the notion of gender has little to no importance on their identity and therefore, even that label has little reasons to exist or be talked about).

anyways, this was my deranged take that I've been thinking about for quite some time and that I needed to talk about.

Dex-chan lover
Modern yuri fanboys have long surpassed the fujoshi of the latter's peak of "fame", but the fandom continues to ridicule and attack only fujos, because slash is localized among the female audience, and femslesh attracts people regardless of gender, and even the most obvious and ridiculous femslesh shipping goggles are still will find mainstream support among at least some people.

Compare how people react to the MHA shipping crowd, especially when many of the male characters have female love interests, and how people treat those who still ship Kumiko and Reina, hoping to the end that the anime will abandon the ending of the original LN.

Contributor
when it comes to human sexuality, the phrase "its just a phase" is actually quite progressive as not only does it enknowledge the flexibility/fluidity of human sexuality but it also enknowledges the vices brought upon by modern development in our society and perticularly in how capitalism has heavily influenced the notion of queerness and created a propped up loud sub-group who are being more oftenthan not simply performance, all the while enknowledging the simple effectiveness of the "default setting" (straight and cisgender, althought for cisgender, the notion of gender has little to no importance on their identity and therefore, even that label has little reasons to exist or be talked about).

anyways, this was my deranged take that I've been thinking about for quite some time and that I needed to talk about.
Can you repharse it? It's poorly written and I'm not talking about writing "enknowledge" instead of "acknowledge", but rather it's lacking sense (though I think I know what you try to say).

Dex-chan lover
As much I as I hate the government I kinda glad we had it even if it's run like German ww2 tank machine

Like I believe without structure hunan can't advance that far, we need to have something to lead us or at least unite us
100%, government is good and needed for a massive civilization, its just bad when rich fucks influence the shit outta the US government (regardless the government is supposed to work for u and criticizing them is always good too)

edit:grammar and punctuation

Contributor
Modern yuri fanboys have long surpassed the fujoshi of the latter's peak of "fame", but the fandom continues to ridicule and attack only fujos, because slash is localized among the female audience, and femslesh attracts people regardless of gender, and even the most obvious and ridiculous femslesh shipping goggles are still will find mainstream support among at least some people.

Compare how people react to the MHA shipping crowd, especially when many of the male characters have female love interests, and how people treat those who still ship Kumiko and Reina, hoping to the end that the anime will abandon the ending of the original LN.
Whereas outside of manga they joke about both, do they still try to ridicule them (only fujoshi)? I genuinly didn't know since I don't check forums, but if they still do I wouldn't be suprised since in the end they're picking a fight or harrassing women. Though that means that yuri is actually supreme, it can unite the whole mankind. And something you'll relate to, I still ship Akira and Kazuha together (and you know about which series I'm talking about).

Dex-chan lover
Whereas outside of manga they joke about both, do they still try to ridicule them (only fujoshi)? I genuinly didn't know since I don't check forums, but if they still do I wouldn't be suprised since in the end they're picking a fight or harrassing women. Though that means that yuri is actually supreme, it can unite the whole mankind. And something you'll relate to, I still ship Akira and Kazuha together (and you know about which series I'm talking about).
Mainly due to the fact that yuri shippers have become more active and if one might say brazen, since they don't feel the pressure and hostility that once forced fujoshi to become less public outside of BL circles, yuri fans relatively only recently began to receive negative feedback and mocking. While even now, if some anituber or influencer in general decides to make fun of shippers, they will most likely choose fujoshi as a target. Like Giguk with his late 10's anime fan archetypes video.

The whole point is that yuri is accessible to people regardless of gender and can easily be consumed by anyone in the mainstream, while BL is limited to women and queer men. Therefore, yuri is much easier to get into and stay in the mainstream than BL once could. Therefore, even when the behavior of yuri shippers has become similar to that of fujoshi, it is the latter that continue to be associated with obsessive same-sex shippers. As you can see, things that are very similar in concept and nature can receive completely different treatment in society depending on how many and how much different people can understand and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
On the other hand, I don't recall anyone walking around cons in the early-mid '00's with a yuri paddle.

Dex-chan lover
Oh yeah. The cons in that time frame were glorious disasters. You could get away with just about anything short of murder for a few years. Hence, the fujioshis walking around (and using) yaoi paddles.
I don't quite understand what you mean

Contributor
I'm not sure either if I'm getting the "paddles" meaning right either but one thing I never understood was women writing/drawing yaoi, specially when it's the shoujo version with one MC sex reversed and depicts the idea of women being dominated by men but with two men. What I recall IRL was women criticising yuri because it had no plot and calling it bland without even reading the works they were supposed to be badmouthing and applying them to any series, as if every yuri series was the same and yaoi had a lot of depth besides the anal hole. And I enjoy yaoi if it's not that traditional yaoi I was mentioning.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure either if I'm getting the "paddles" meaning right either
There was a subset of dedicated fujioshi who would get paddles of various types (oars, BDSM paddles, those shot tray paddles some bars use for whiskey flights, or, I think in one case, a cricket bat?) and write/paint 'YAOI' on them. They'd then get pictures/video of them 'paddling' bishonen, particularly ones in cosplay. It was mostly in good fun, and the majority of folks were reasonable about it.

Naturally, there was a subset of that subset that would actually use the paddle, up to and including with a full windup and swing, frequently without permission and without warning, and get pics/video of that. They were... less popular, and basically ruined it for everyone.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure either if I'm getting the "paddles" meaning right either but one thing I never understood was women writing/drawing yaoi, specially when it's the shoujo version with one MC sex reversed and depicts the idea of women being dominated by men but with two men. What I recall IRL was women criticising yuri because it had no plot and calling it bland without even reading the works they were supposed to be badmouthing and applying them to any series, as if every yuri series was the same and yaoi had a lot of depth besides the anal hole. And I enjoy yaoi if it's not that traditional yaoi I was mentioning.
People criticizing fanservice for the other gender, while at the same time uncritically accepting fanservice for their own gender, is a rather ancient thing. For example, guys who hate gay content with men, but love lesbians because “they’re straight, man!” Nowadays this mostly happens with Twitter purists who criticize fanservice with female characters but love fanservice with male characters.

So, you know anime conventions (cons)? Big groups of fans getting together for a weekend in a hotel?
I know, but I'm not good at English slang.

Dex-chan lover
No worries - I frequently have to remind myself this board isn't as US/Anglo centric as many places I frequent on the internet... which is pretty cool. :glee:
In fact, many pop culture terms in my language come from English, but I still can't play with them as easily as English speakers.

controversial, ehhh? ok, we are well into the beginning of the end of the world as we know it. the youth have given up, and have no hope for their future, birth rates world wide are crashing, as well as the global economy. not to mention one of the largest mass extinctions in the history of the planet is currently taking place. we're all frickin doomed, DOOMED I TELLS YA! wait, is something that obvious even controversial at this point? edit; sorry, i forgot...CAT GIRLS RULE! ok, now i'm done.

Last edited:
If I could go back in time and kill Hitler before the holocaust happened, I wouldn't. If I did that the present would be uncertain. For all we know, a chain of events leading to the apocalypse could happen as a result of drastically altering the past.
if there had been no WW2 there would be no home computers or internet to be having this conversation on, so yeah, there's that.

Contributor
To those "progress" lovers: if you think sacrificing millions of lives and developing mass destructions weapons is good because nowadays you happen to have been born in a good family and having cutting edge technology, I hope you're enlisted and willing to die for your country no matter how stupid is the leader of your country. But don't worry, thanks to that "progress" we're closer than ever to our own extintion.
Since the two World Wars were due Capitalism and Colonialism, if we instead had overtrown the governments maybe today we would have had better technology and no wars because instead of investing in war and polluting the planet we would have done so in welfare, worst case scenario we wouldn't have a PC at home but know our neighbours and have our own identity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread