Sayonara Mangadex, putting down our rose colored glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kn1000a
It's relatively easy to get digital hq scans of pages if you know where to look.
Very few teams pay for raws, in perspective of all the teams actively scanlating.

M8E

Group Leader
God, I know half of those who opted out and I'm dying of the cringe.
They started a drama out of pure fantasy bullshit. Join a couple of older ones and you can see the bigger picture lmao.

Dex-chan lover
I think the most telling thing about this drama is that Holo’s quotes are completely bereft of context.

Seriously, if you want to tell us how shitty someone is, post them responding to your questions along with the questions.

Of course, since some of the quotes are from a year ago, it’s clear that you’re not interested in being fair.

@Xant That even further support my point against @Ashi. Let’s just say in general scanlation as a hobby costs some amount of $. What I’m seeing from group however is that they make it look like donation is life and death to them. Take a look at LHT’s credit page for an easy example.

My main point still stand: If any scanlator claim scanlation takes too much time, money, and effort, then consider retiring. Very profound idea, but seems like no one think of it yet.

Group Leader
https://meaningness.com/geeks-mops-sociopaths
Guess which one is who 🤔

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XqnN06TNvRzDGPxsddv7eUYWsG8GFmxcJKe4aw-mPvA/preview

nothing of value lost btw

Group Leader
Only like two large groups are pulling out and most of it is delayed anyway if I read correctly? So i dont see how MD is in a losing position.

Well, I will take the neutral stance here. IMHO I think many users will using those aggra sites again which will hurt the groups who leaving scanlator more but oh well.
Thanks all the scanlators for their hard works and goodbye to those who are leaving.

Fed-Kun's army
as long as you guys keep posting your releases to r/manga. i rely too much on MD for the latest updates so don't go letting me forget about you guys

MD@Home
Cool, now instead of only having to look at one aggregator for manga, I have to look not only here, but at 11 additional sites to try and find manga that I'm reading. Good work guys, really working in the interest of the community here.

@kn1000a
Some teams do rely on donation income for stuff, private or otherwise.
If people are willing to donate, they should understand that unless the team explicitly states what the donations are used for.

well, not everyone gonna go to your website for every title.
people will just go to another aggregate that steal and not crediting you anyway for those series.

Dex-chan lover
What wasn't achieved by DDOS, was achieved through internal discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread