Sayonara Mangadex, putting down our rose colored glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was wondering why there wasn't as much to read in recent weeks.

Arriverderci, It was good while it lasted. I guess i'll be playing vidya in my backlog for my free time now.

Supporter
Jesus Christ this has sure turned into a shit show. What I fail to comprehend is why are these groups coming back and bitching again and again, if you are going to leave then go no need to come back at bitch at us about how unfair things are or what not just fucking go with your head held up high instead of making yourselfs look like fucking idiots.

Dex-chan lover
@strat_five If they just removed their chapters and left like others have done in the past then there wouldn't even be a place for people to shit on them.

But no, their ego couldn't handle just leaving in silence. They had to make this dumb thread where they try to paint their selfishness and childishness as some sort of heroic stand against a tyrannical group trying to create the new Fakku and steal everyone's work, even using out of context screencaps and outright lies to make the other side look bad.

They have no one to blame for getting shat on than themselves.

This is just sad and infuriating, specially when I usually try to defend scanlators having as much freedom as possible. If they said they were leaving because they don't like being criticized/insulted without having mods ready to punish the ones responsible or even that they want more donations and ad revenue and they think MD damages that, then I'd have more respect for them but instead they had to turn their shitty drama into some dumb narrative about oppression and evil admins seeking worlwide manga domination.

Not to mention, as I already said in another post, the gal of Jamini Box joining this thing and pretending to be an abused member of this community when they never gave a fuck and only used it as a glorified MangaUpdates. They are claiming MD only wants to use them to get more readers/money and then fuck them over once they get that when they are the ones doing that.

I'll miss most of these groups and part of me wishes they change their mind and return in the future but not Jaimini Box, I hope you leave and never return. If I were Holo I'd have your ungrateful asses banned just to make sure of that.

I think the funniest thing is JB taking the high ground, considering they literally release WSJ before street date while multiple of their scans have official releases, insert ads and beg for donations. You shouldn't be making money off of scanlations, it's fucking illegal, and you should just admit that it's about the money. Honestly laughable.

To the readers: just go read the official release, beats supporting a pack of self-righteous and hypocritical moneygrubbers.

Do I find it very weird that some(or maybe just one?) of scanlators that already left are complaining about the mangadex mousepad now and accusing them of selling those mousepad for profit? Hasn't it been discussed several months ago and its decided they want to do merch because the community wants it? Why are they complaining about it now? To fan the flames I guess? I find it very weird and stupid.

Dex-chan lover
Way to fuck it up boys. Real pain in the ass to go to each group's site to check new chapters.

Edit: I'll probably just check on kissmanga instead just like the huge majority of readers who could give two shits about your individual online readers.

Group Leader
Nice one JB. How much profit do you think you'll gain from people not reading your shit on kissmanga instead or waiting for less gold digging groups to pick it up?
Hope you lose half your staff tbh.

Group Leader
@Echo 13243

Why would I? Aren't the traffic they have is already enough to generate income and get Patreons?

Finally reached the end. Why did i read every single post. I need a life. Mangadex is great and my favorite site to read manga on.

VIP
remember, this whole drama started because MD mods refuse a scanlator group request to policy another scanlator group because snipping and the former get called out on donation stuff. this is lose lose situation for MD because whatever they would do, they wouldn't pro scanlator group on the other side.

Haha, what a shitshow. Jaiminis Box joining in on this is pretty funny, considering their practices.

Fed-Kun's army
As a manga reader for close to 20 years, for a good 7-8 years already most new groups that popped up asked for donation while older groups at most had a donate button on their page and didn't mention it.

If you don't have the money to buy the books, find raws online and scanslate those. Otherwise you shouldn't be using other people's money to work on pirating manga.

Can you fucking imagine if older warez groups asked for money to crack games? OMEGALUL

People seem to forget that was they're doing is pirating content. While you might be scanslating series to let more people know about them, you're still doing something illegal. If you're not doing it out of love and passion there's no point in doing it at all.

Group Leader
@Holo

Is really for profit the reason why they wanted to leave? Have you ever ask the lead personally why this things happen coz maybe if you do this drama won't occur or get bigger. You maybe don't feel like talking to them but you should also face it that MD exist because scanlation teams do work and put effort on those series just to give readers something. You need them better than they need you. Nothing gonna shut things up other than having in a good talk. Also if you wanted to have a healthy community between the scanlation teams and readers, you better assess your staffs coz some of them doesn't help you give reputation to MD. I guess it's time for you to evaluate them. I don't usually gave comment on thread but when I saw you attack the team's having a Patreon that made me feel like giving a comment too. In behalf of my team I personally thank you for giving a little help on us.

If you feel like commenting in here better to do it on DM or discord.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@revyateil posted:

complaining about the mangadex mousepad now and accusing them of selling those mousepad for profit?
It's been a bit frustrating to me that we haven't had anything proper to give back to the donators yet (other than the continued existence of the site), so I would've thought giving at least the opportunity to exchange that money into physical goods instead would be welcomed

Oh well

Dex-chan lover
@YoroShie The drama started because the staff refused to remove a credit page from some "sniper" that criticized donations (which the "sniped" group used) or punish him, since they want to be neutral when it comes to scanlator drama.

I'm pretty sure the Patreons got posted to expose the hypocrisy of these groups claiming they were leaving because MD was trying to profit from their work by going legit (which is false, btw) when they are also profiting from numerous mangakas' works too. Granted, there was also probably the implication than the actual reason for them leaving is greed.

I personally don't think donations are bad but I do believe that you don't have the right to chastizise people for seeking profit from this pirated stuff when you are doing the same.

Group Leader
@momoii

They deserve it coz they spent their personal money and time on it before their site got profit or Patreons help them. Supports on teams wasn't instant, they need to wait months or even years before they got profit and sometimes it depends on the series if it is popular. If the team do it good then why not? Lucky MD coz they didn't wait that long before they got traffic that is because most of the early chapters uploaded in here are ripped from the sites of the scanlation teams and good heart scan teams uploaded it. So basically scanlation gives traffic on MD first before MD gave traffic to scanlation sites.

Double-page supporter
I don't care one way or the other with all the drama, I'm mostly using MD as a tool of convenience and have no problem with visiting a bunch of sites to read the manga I like. I've no extra income so on the sites I support(such as this one) I have my Adblock, NoScript and such turned off, you got a cryptominer? oh what do I give a shit, I hardly use this laptop for anything other than reading manga anyway.

couple things though, after reading through some of the comments here
1. "useless crybabies with trash series, no one will miss them"
all I have to say is, fuck you, a few of the groups leaving are translating some of my favorite series and I'm going to go ahead and feel personally attacked that you guys keep calling those series' trash.

2. I had no idea that MD was "going legit" or planning to go legit like Crunchy or Fakku. knowing this now, I'm just gonna go ahead and backup my list of manga. nothing against you guys and I'm all for people making money off their hard work, but I'm reading on sites like MD because I don't have the extra income to spend on manga, or else I would be picking up the series from official sources when I could

I don't think there is anything wrong with someone thinking you should be doing scanalating work for the hobby or for the money, we are all individual human beings with our own individual thoughts. so long as you're not hurting someone(who doesn't want it, who am I to kink shame) then have fun, good luck, and be careful in traffic~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread