Sayonara Mangadex, putting down our rose colored glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say I'm on MD's side. However, it feels like you guys need to come together and clarify what you want, as a team. It's not good when a dev and an admin have very different ideas of where the site might be going.

in this drama, scan groups being entitled pricks thinking they should get paid, keep in mind they dont pay the publishers licensing to translate there own works.

I never follow up the drama. Just noticed like weeks ago by some end credit page I was reading. It's a shame that this have to happened, while I support all the teams whether it's scanlation groups or MD staffs, the thing I hate or dislike about scanlation groups is that there's some that desperately asking for money. While I understand the situation but I don't think to make fan scanlation your job is a good idea. Just like modding community or any other fan project that all of this just for their portfolio. Any other than that is should be optional.

Thread has become quite toxic. Very unfortunate to see blaming 'free for all'. I hope things work their way out positively somehow because everyone loses in this battle.

Dex-chan lover
Just checked each group's manga and I have to say

Nothing of value was lost. Bunch of nugu groups aside from a few guys lmao. Good luck in trying to get readers to go to your shitty websites

As someone that's been part of a scanlation team since September 2016, I have never expected to see a cent. I've spent all these hours doing this because I wanted to provide the community something, not to get paid off of someone else's work. There's so much manga out there that will never see the light in the west, there's so much to be done, and I do this to provide the best possible content we are able to out of the kindness of our hearts. Would it be nice to get paid? Sure, obviously it would, money is a necessity after all. Do I ever expect to get paid in the future for doing scanlation? Nope. I will continue doing this without expecting payment until I feel the need to retire from the scene for one reason or another, be it family, pursuing other things in life or even going legit, though that's not something I've planned on doing.

After a dozen pages or more of this thread, I still have no idea what the point of this shitshow is.
-Your stuff got sniped? Sucks dude, I've dealt with it, nothing anyone can do about it because there is no copyright law protecting scanlators.
-MD wanting to go legit since day 1, which wasn't a secret? You could've figured this out before using the site, but you signed up for it.
-Scanlators not getting paid? That's how it goes when you do something illegal and don't want people coming after your ass with lawsuits (because scanlation is pretty much unauthorized intellectual property redstribution).

Let me reiterate one thing again: SCANLATORS DO NOT OWN ANY RIGHTS TO A MANGA THEY DID NOT PERSONALLY CREATE FROM SCRATCH. You can't stop people from sniping you. You can't do shit because it is not your property. It sucks, but that's how it is, and you can't hold MD accountable for this because they are not paying anyone to upload things to the site and they can't enforce copyright laws because there is no copyright to enforce. All we rely on as scanlators is mutual respect as a community to not fuck over someone else's work, but there's shit people everywhere and, from time to time, you will get those that do not care about anything but getting attention, be it positive or negative. There's no such thing as bad publicity.

lol that @YoroShie guys groups website man, and these guys are here defending this.

sPLkOi.png

Not that the users of the scanlated manga will go to every single scanlator site to check if one chapter per month is released (on a daily basis). Most of them will go to sites which have all of them on one site instead of infinite single sites to look after.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Hey guys, let's cool it a bit. Everyone is welcome to their opinion and the ability to criticize, but let's try to keep from bandwagoning, ok?

If this thread devolves any further, we'll have to consider locking it.

Thanks,

Zeph

Group Leader
Lol, ikr @hihachisu,
Raptors has a big chance there, like He shouldn't pass it to Lowry, 2 points and they got the title but (fortunately) Kawhi made a wrong decision.
FYI. Warriors fan here, lol.

People who've been crying about their mothers being sick for 5 years for 10 years who now think they can set up patreons for manga that they've stolen and act like victims really gets the noggin joggin

Okay if you ever happen to be stomping on a cockroach always fucking twist, those things are biologically built to survive vertical flattening (to an extent of course). So when you squish one with your shoe, textbook, or knee, make sure you then grind it's wing n' guts into your floor, wall or bathtub. Other wise when you lift your shoe/textbook/knee it'll take a sec to *pop* it's exoskeleton back into place and scurry off. You will indeed here a popping sound, which will scare you into a state of shock, killing you an hour later.

Group Leader
@Zephyrus I fully expected this thread to have been locked overnight. I'm not sure why it hasn't been locked already, besides for the amusement of people who like this kind of drama.

Power Uploader
@Zephyrus At this point both side have voiced their opinions so I don't think there's anything left to discuss here. MD staff should just discuss internally, close this topic, and make an announcement TL,DR this situation for everyone to get the idea of WTF just happened and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread