School Zone - Vol. 2 Ch. 49 - I was just joking.

Dex-chan lover
Definitely an angsty chapter. Was surprised at how serious it took itself. We know from Kei's self-reflection that she also ran away from this due to cutting her hair. Both of them are running away from facing their own feelings.

Aggregator gang
Reality and heart pain in my dorky yuri comedy?!

I'm not against it to be honest. Poor Yokoe, masking the pain of her unrequited love by playing the clown...

Wow. It's like Adventure Time. They bait you in with fun and colors, then bam, they smack you over the head with the terrible agony of feelings.

So we finally have a glimpse into the hair incident. It looks like Kei was so scared of her feelings she cut off her hair to escape, like a lizard abandoning its tail to escape a sparrow's beak.

Dex-chan lover
Wow... I got... hurt! such a turning point, didn't expect it but I welcome it............................but you know, now I HOPE that Kei chan makes the effort to confess when it happens, I think Yokoe has endured enough and she's trying to kill her feelings, or just bury them deep enough behind jokes.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh, where are their brain-dead antics. Where'd these feels come from?

Fed-Kun's army
How can I enjoy their stupid brat-level interactions after this chapter...?
This been on my mind for awhile but Kei with long hair is a real waifu material, will propose/10

Dex-chan lover
This is good. Especially effective because Yokoe isn't dumb. There's how she behaves and what actually goes on in her mind, as well as what others expect from her because that how she shows herself to be.
Honestly yeah, that's some kind of defensive countermeasure I'd find useful too. If she's never serious, then whenever something too real slips out, she can more easily take it back and sweep it under the rug.

Dex-chan lover
Damn this is really just a great series to be able to pull off a real and dramatic chapter in the middle of a comedy manga

It reminds me of those great super serious episodes Galaxy Angel would sometimes throw into the mix

I wouldn't have expected something like that, it was a really incredible and intense chapter, I loved it, I still need more.
Mr. Translator, you are amazing, even with chapters that long you keep this rhythm of one chapter per day and that really deserves respect, specially because the quality is there.

Dex-chan lover
I think it’s good to have some more serious chapters mixed in with the comedy, they complement each other

Users who are viewing this thread