Search theme suggestions

Hello,

I would like to suggest some themes I felt to be missing as options among the search tags.

The first one is "Youkai". I know that there are already the tags "Demons" and "Monsters" implemented under which mangas with the topic can be found.
I nonetheless think that a new tab would be helpful if you look specifically for mangas with traditional Japanese Youkai (or manhwas with Korean Yogoe/manhuas with Chinese Yao guai respectively) as those traditional legendary creatures are an important topic of East Asian comics for sure.
Accordingly, I would suggest to limit the tags "Demons" and "Monsters" for at one hand the legendary and fictional creatures appearing in Fantasy settings, and for on the other hand all non-Eastern legendary creatures according to their specific categorization. Stories with main focus on supernatural harems full of youkai could be categorized both as "Youkai" and "Monster Girls".

My next suggestion is a "Werewolves" tag. There are numerous manga featuring werewolves, albeit not as numerous as vampire mangas. Nonetheless, as sure as there are vampire fans there are also werewolf fans, making the implemention of this feature a good idea. Even the Wikipedia has a category called "Werewolves in anime and manga" besides its vampire equivalent, from which I would deduce that a certain need exists.

Third, although I don't know if this would be overkill, would be a "Traditional East" tag or something of this kind for both historical and Fantasy stories set in a world with predominantly traditional East Asian culture.
I have often seen Fantasy manga with traditional settings in an otherwise fictitious world listed under the tag "Historical". This isn't necessarily bad but if the ancient China or ancient Japan inspired Fantasy (or Martial Arts) mangas would be replaced under "Traditional East" this would leave "Historical" for stories based on "real" or alternate history. Here the deciding question for placement then would be if the story is placed on Earth in a historical period (and be it in a ficticious state situated in an otherwise "normal " Earth) or if its events take place in a history of Earth that could have happened if key events of history had happened differently, leaving out all stories taking place in another world, however inspired of real history they might be.

Then I would like to suggest a "Steampunk/19th Century" tag since the Belle Époque/Victorian/Edwardian/Wilhelmine/Meiji/Taisho era has its own special kind of charm and also a lot of fans. This would include both stories which would be regarded as "Historical" or alternate historical according the previously defined aspects as well as those in a Fantasy world with a 19th century-esque or Steampunk setting while additionally still being tagged as "Historical" or "Fantasy" respectively as well.

The last search theme I would like to suggest is "Misunderstood Character" for all stories which feature a character who is negatively misunderstood without any truth behind it. Such characters like those who are said to be delinquents or criminals but actually aren't and don't fight at all, thus being misplaced under the "Delinquents" tab. Of course this should be limited at most to manga were a major character is such a misunderstood person, either the protagonist or his/her best friend/love interest respectively.

I hope I could give some suggestions which could be considered helpful.

Greetings,

Albwin

Users who are viewing this thread