Second Life Ranker - Vol. 2 Ch. 73

@Discipol @onihikage - Again, that's not how percentages work. To become a Dragon, the exp amount (or whatever it is that makes him power up) was determined at the beginning since it had a percentage value (this value cannot be changed later on). So if the 100% was determined at, for example 1000 exp, than each exp is worth 0.1%. Now, if he got 15% For killing small fries and finishing a quest (ch.11), it means the amount of exp he got from this low level quest is 150 times superior to finishing the legendary beast quest. It doesn't make any sense.
The principle of percentages is that it is linear, not exponential so your theory doesn't work onihikage.
It is comparable to leveling up from level 1 to level 2 ( fixed amount of exp and a corresponding percentage) , not from level 1 to level 10 (each level requires a increasing amount of exp so the 100% is different at each level).

It's basic math. If you don't trust me, read a math reference book on percentages, you'll see that I'm right on this one.

@U235 That's only if the percentage does correspond to how much energy he has absorbed. It's more likely the percentage is how draconic he has become, and the closer you are to 100% the more energy is required to increase it.

@U235 you can see it like a 100 points test, the first question is 2+2=X and is worth 95 points others question are worth just 0.1 points, so even if you just answer the first question you are 95% of full mark.

Double-page supporter
@U235 It's diminishing returns. It's a super common concept. The more you farm something the more it takes to pump up the percentage. It's very likely that it will take something exceptional to push it past 99.99%. It's such a common concept with effects in real life, that I'm honestly confused by your confusion.

@sonicboom750 , @Amerak , @Keshire

As i've said percentages are linear in regard to the 100%. There is no such thing as the first percentages and the last percentages as they are all, by definition, equal in size. If the percentage from 1% to 2% is equal to 5 exp than the percentage from 99% to 100% will be, by definition, equal to 5 exp.
And as i've also said, if he got 15% For killing small fries and finishing a quest (ch.11), it means the amount of exp he got from this low level quest is 150 times superior to finishing the legendary beast quest.
And it doesn't make sense since we know from the story that he gains more exp at each new quest since they are harder.

You need to understand that when someone levels up, each level is considered a separate event from the the other levels and that each level has its own 100%. In this case the draconic ability is, by definition, determined as one event since, the moment you put a 100% value on something, it is automatically associated to a fixed amount (of energy / exp / etc.). So if the 100% was worth 1 000 000 exp when it appeared in the first chapters, it is still worth 1 000 000 exp later.

@Amerak - So based on your example, the stupid question at the beginning is worth 95% and the other questions, that are more and more difficult, are worth 5%. It doesn't work that way, neither in a real life test and even less in RPG games. And why would it only apply on this draconic ability and not on his other stats and abilities that raise exponentially, the same way the quests difficulty raises exponentially.

@Keshire , @sonicboom750 - It is not really comparable to farming because when farming you need to farm the same thing (let say iron ore) a huge amount of time and in this case, MC is doing quests which are more and more difficult each time and bring him more exp . And even if we suppose it works like farming, it would mean mc is farming only once iron ore, then only once silver ore, than only once gold ore, then once platinum ore etc. so the percentage of leveling up his draconic ability should at least be the same at each mission and would probably be even more each time, if we use RPG logic.

Thanks for reading lol

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, I mean, we all get why it is like this here, I doubt anyone is confused about the fact that it gets slower, but that doesnt change the fact that percentages in its very nature arent like that, so it is indeed nonsense.
It would have been better To make it in "Levels" instead, 100 Levels for example, in that case the first 50 could need just as much experience together then the last 1 alone for example, but if it is there in % then it shouldnt be that way 1% is always exactly the same as every other 1%, that is the very definition of a percentage... :D

i feel like this chapter was stretched longer than it needs to consider all of them hav same end except the tiger. Althou i do get ppl enjoy all the flavor text of the buffs he is getting, i just hope those things do come in handy individually instead of just for the sake of him collectin his title and evolve chirpy

Double-page supporter
@Silwith or in this case the worst representation of a percentage. The video game loading bar. ie "I think my game is hung? No wait, there it goes"

Can someone tell because I forgot. Did his beast egg hatch or does it remain unhatched?

@Shepiko I don't know, but I'm betting since it supposedly a legendary beast it will help him complete the turtles task by being a successor or since the legendary beast are based of Chinese mythology then it will be the equivalent of Huang Long. The most I have read though has been
where he kidnapped Saber gods son
and at that point there was no mention of his egg after this point in the novel

Dex-chan lover
He's like a trash collector. The enemy took what they want and he came late to scrounge over they're leftovers lol

The way Beasts's is written really bothers my in grammar nazi. It is possessive and a plural so just S' would suffice.
To my understanding only non-plural words that end in S get the horrid looking S'S

Users who are viewing this thread