Second Life Ranker - Vol. 2 Ch. 73

i'm looking forward to chirpy's final form

also the saber-tooth tiger looked badass, too bad he's ded

MC to Sabertooth: I like cha and I want cha,Now we can do this the easy way or the hard way~ The choice is yours~
OH SO YOU CHOOSE THE HARD WAY?~

Imagine a full grown majestic phoenix named Chirpy.... Absolutely adorable ahahaha

Dex-chan lover
Amazing that so much happened in that one chapter and it doesn’t feel insanely rushed. The pacing is so good dammit

I like how his percentage to becoming a dragon used to go up by 10% at the beginning every time he accomplished the tiniest feat. And now it doesn't even go up anymore even though he is receiving blessings and skills from legendary beasts. Way to go on the complete lack of coherence.

@U235 that completely normal.. have you not played video games? At the start you advance rather quickly, only to find yourself at later level winning 0.001% per mob killed.

The only thing I dislike about Vol. 2 is the different mask, I think the previous one looked cooler, end of my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
The Flames of Destruction, Ender of Worlds, the Demonic Brimstone that will cover reality once everything ends, the Legend of Chirpy.

@BornWild No dude, that's not how percentages work. Each percent of the 100% is supposed to be exactly the same size. So if he got 10% for killing an insect at the beginning, he should logically get a lot more for a legendary beast.
What you are describing is valid only when you compare different levels because at level 1 you need 100 exp to level up and at level 100 you need 1 000 000 (for example).

@U235 Unless it has diminishing returns: the closer you get to 100%, the less valuable xp increases get. Meaning that at one point, insects give near-zero xp, so you'd need large numbers for the multiplier to result in tangible results.

Double-page supporter
Sad, Chirpy only got to eat sabertooth tiger spirit bead. Now imagine if Chirpy eat dragon and turtle snake spirit bead.

He will evolved into new type Gryphon beast.

Front chest & feet with scale of dragon, back feet & body tiger, head & wing of phoenix, snake head tail with scale of a turtle.

Double-page supporter
@U235 You're making an assumption that the percentage directly corresponds to the amount of energy absorbed, but given that it slowed so much the closer it got to 100%, this clearly isn't the case. So what else could the percentage be based on? If we were to take a random RPG and graph total experience gain on the Y-axis against player level on the X-axis, we'd always see something at least resembling an exponential curve. That's simply what's happening here - the percentage is based on progress on the X-axis, which is one layer removed from what Yeon-woo directly does to make progress. The closer he gets to 100%, the more the value of Y has to increase relative to the value of X. Had he been able to get the energy from these legendary beasts when he was at 0% progression, he likely would have shot up to 90% immediately, but that wouldn't have made for as fun of a story. 😉

Users who are viewing this thread