Seichou Cheat de Nandemo Dekiru You ni Natta ga, Mushoku Dake wa Yamerarenai You Desu - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - Carol's Decision

Double-page supporter
Man, no inn would bring up how loud you were fucking... because that's what they're good for. Inns are just for special pussy-getting events.

Fed-Kun's army
That horse will transform into a girl trust me.. i read too much isekai to know where the shit this is going.

Dex-chan lover
@Qelix
@CountryMage

it's been awhile since I read the WN but I think there was also something mentioned about her having unusually good hearing on top of the other things. Her basis for arguing the deal was rumors and other information she was able to parse from all the chatter while she was standing there with her eyes closed.

Dex-chan lover
@RuthlessOne: I believe you also stitched the price information together, like I did after I read it for the first time:
The sales woman (SW) wanted 28700 sense (F$) for all 7 crates, but Carol offered 45000 F$ total FOR THE ORE, which didn't make sense and so I decided the "28700 F$ for all 7 boxes" must have been a typo and the SW meant "per crate", so 200900 F$ total for the ore. And then Carol somehow managed to haggle her down to a wooping 50000 F$ for all 7 crates.
So going down from the initial 28700 F$ to ~7150 F$ per crate, at which point I also wanted to call bullshit on this, as ores are non-perishables and even if a trader wants to empty her/his stock and bought it at a lower price then 28700 F$, noone right in their mind would give such a discount.

But, then I reread it and it turned out I was wrong. Ketima already posted it how it was. I just post this here to clarify it. The 45000 F$ in total offer included all the ore AND the spices which they settled for 25800 F$ at that point, so 45000 F$ - 25800 F$ = 19200 F$ instead of the 28000 the SW offered at that point (700 F$ discount). That would have been nearly 10000 F$ less, just as MC stated. In the end they settled for 50000 F$ total, what means they bought all 7 ore crates for 24200 instead for the initial 28700, which is a reasonable discount for the SW, who wanted to empty her stocks for the new higher quality ore anyways.

@Meridis: I got that she listened in on the latest information they passed by. Yet she made so incredible good use of those information, like knowing, that if the weather gets better, a whole swarm of traders will begin to aggregate on said country to sell salt, that I wondered how she became THAT seasoned. Her knowledge looks to be on par with a well experienced at least middle aged merchent or at the very least on par with a veeeery well trained young adult merchent in training, instead of a child/young adolescent, who has been a slave for the last years (a good chunk of her life).
And this is, where CountryMage and I don't agree on: The only explanation for this is, that she used aaaaany source available (hanging around the market place, chatting with merchants, reading books), which CountryMage and I believe she all did. But I don't believe, that this would have been sufficient to be that well versed and therefore imho the author overdid it on this one.

Double-page supporter
@yohane you could just move the guest to another room or comp them a drink down in the dining area for the ~30 minutes it'll take for them to get it out of their system... but since I'm still going to insist that inns are just for fucking, I bet people have their own competitive fun in another room.

This MC is a special sort of idiot. He was counter-offering against himself as Carol was trading. Like... if this was any bit realistic in even the simplest sense, he would've just undercut Carol's ability to negotiate a price and lost her any deal. Of course that's kind of a high bar for an isekai, but it's just one of many examples of lack of thought by the author.

Like sure, the intention is to make Carol look like some sort of genius and the MC just stunned by how her dealing works but... That's not how you do it.

Dex-chan lover
i think the issue is time, how LONG was carol listening to the rumors before they approached the stall? sure like 5 minutes wont give you a clear picture, but a half hour? for someone good at information collation that should be plenty to make an informed decision. drawing someone walking around listening to things for a long time is hard to convey.

Aggregator gang
she should have invited him to share the driver's seat, I've heard it's too big for one and slightly too small for two, but sometimes slightly too small can be just right

Fed-Kun's army
lol Love how the MC makes use of Haru's tell even though she has a perfect poker face. XD

Double-page supporter
Using Haru's tail to make decisions is both hilarious and adorable.

Dex-chan lover
Legal loli has some personal skills which don't relly on the male lead, and the author actually took the time to verbalize those skills into actual arguments and logic instead of just talking about how high level legal loli is.

Her skills are legit and she is now an individual with her own character arc. 10/10 writting in a 1/10 premise.

Users who are viewing this thread