Seifuku no Vampiress Lord - Vol. 3 Ch. 27.5 - Omake Of The Axed Lord

Dex-chan lover
Also doesn't seem like she has made anything new since this.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think the author made the wrong move given the constraints, but I'm still sad we didn't get more time seeing the different ways the background characters cope with their friend turning into a vampire.

Dex-chan lover
At least this was the kind of series that could still have a proper ending despite getting axed. Axed series with a bigger story will either simply terminate unexpectedly or will have a super shitty, abrupt ending.

Dex-chan lover
@Kirin-kun
Yep, this is the overbearing reason for why so many cookie-cutter manga, devoted solely to fan service, with the same 6 or so character archetypes, featuring either a school life, supernatural, and/or fantasy (isekai) setting, exist. It makes the quick sell because who needs plot when a generic MC with a harem falling into repeatedly perverted situations will suffice, and is way easier to make.

Dex-chan lover
I do wish I got to see a full seven volumes of this, but I guess that I have to accept that yuri harem highschool stories with some aspect of the supernatural just aren't popular. I still want thousands of them though.

we could had 7 volumes of this glorious manga but instead the axe becuse low sale and harem mangas get fucking like 20+ volumes manga bussnies is so damn unfair

Dex-chan lover
1 week?! Manga industry is cruel to lovely things like this... This had so much potential, and I'm sad that so many characters had to get squeezed out because of it (AHEM Rin and the other vampires)

Also, maybe the reason why Rin always wears a tracksuit is because it's really easy to draw for the author? The art style for the girls IS Painstaking after all

Aggregator gang
Yeah, average japanese readers have shit tastes. There's far too many examples of great gems never being given a chance.

@Kaarme

I hope this isn't always the case. Keijo!!! Is super not cookie cutter and top class satire ridiculousness. It got axed, I'm not sure how well it ended. I was gonna wait for the tl to reach the end so I could binge it. Now I just need to wait for a good chunk of time to actually do so.

Fed-Kun's army
Ah it was known since before volume 2? Interesting.

Contributor
I did my little support for the manga at least, even if i bought the french books.

Dex-chan lover
Sophomore blues I guess. Sometimes you pour everything into the first creative work, whether it's manga or a music album or whatever, and then the second just doesn't have the oomph. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of stuff that isn't popular which is way better than a lot of stuff that is. But in this case . . . it was nice, and fun, but it wasn't as good as Prunus Girl even though I was primed to like it more.
I will say the girls were awful pretty--all that extra effort on the art and the hair did show.

Dex-chan lover
@Kirin-kun
Not blaming authors at all (well most authors at least). It is the readers who hold the majority of the blame like you said.

Users who are viewing this thread