Seifuku no Vampiress Lord

Power Uploader
@Jujubee Afaik it did get axed but the whole volume pretty much builds up to the end so its not really abrupt i feel

honestly, I thought that when the chapters stopped coming a while ago, i already accepted that it might have been axed and i would never get to see the ending. I'm so happy it's getting scanlated and i'm just happy to ready whatever ending it gives me! :D

Funny thing, I read no bra... got a bad taste on my mouth, went looking for the fine prunus girl... then found the same mangaka worked on this story that also I love, mangaka has good taste on how to handle this themes without feeling generic... 10/10 will still re-read in a couple of months his/her works again.

Dex-chan lover
Huh is this still going? I dropped it like 2 years ago lol might start reading it again

I seriously wanted to get the third volume in physical form (have the first two) but they stopped printing it and the only amazon.jp sellers don't ship to the US 😢
I have no idea how to find or use a proxy service to get an out of print book...

Group Leader
I'm going to go against the grain here, and say: This is quite mediocre. It was really promising at the beginning, but didn't deliver on its potential.

Explanation:
I'll begin with the good stuff:
The art is very good, and the author clearly knows how to draw attractive people.
Also, it's quite sensual. (Even for my not-really-liking-yuri tastes.)

And now, the bad stuff:
[ul]
[li] It is not romantic. The relationships between the girls seem mainly based on lust, not love. [/li]
[li] It is not "realistic". It takes place in that usual parallel universe where straight human females have gone extinct. [/li]
[li] It is not "realistic", pt.2: If I don't find ordinary harems realistic, yuri harems don't really have much hope. [/li]
[li] It is not character-driven: I don't think there was any character development at all. [/li]
[/ul]
(The word "realistic" is in quotes because, well, vampires don't exist in reality either. But the existence of vampires was something that was established well enough; the non-existence of straight girls was not.)

Here's what it gets a pass on: The humour, and male representation. Both are quite fine, but sort of unimpressive.

All in all, this is based on two genres (yuri and harem) that I don't really like unless they're done really well... and here they aren't. The reason I didn't drop it earlier is because neither of those genres was apparent from the get-go, so it took me a while to notice.

tl;dr the only reason I'm not dropping this is because it ends in 4 chapters and I'm thinking I might as well read it to the end.

Group Leader
But where's MY big tiddy lesbian vampire girlfriend???? It's all I've ever wanted in life, the real world is so cruel 😭

Thanks for the translation! I can't wait for more!!!

Such a good series and one of my
favorite vampire yuri manga. sad it got axed i can see why they added so much so fast in the third volume i’m sure he could’ve gone 6 volumes or more. if there is ever a remake one day..

Users who are viewing this thread