Seijo ni naru no de Nidoume no Jinsei wa Katte ni sasete moraimasu ~Outaishi wa, Zensei de Watashi wo Futta Koibito deshita~

Dex-chan lover
It's not isekai, it's plain reincarnation.. interesting story though!

Dex-chan lover
Hey, another title longer then actual plot development.

Double-page supporter
Holy crap, that description!

And really, what's up with the long-ass titles. Can we trace this back somehow? Is there literature research on the prevalence and development of long-ass titles in web and light novels?

gotta read all the shitty isekai/reincarnation stories. 😋

Hit that subscribe on that so hard. No really, I like her "powers" and she is not the tipical whiny heroine with no clue what to do. Well, she was in her past life. I like her. Let's see how that story unfolds. I see potential.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/seijo-ni-narunode-nidoume-no-jinsei-wa-katte-ni-sasetemoraimasu-outaihi-wa-zensei-de-watashi-wo-futta-koibito-deshita/

@Everaert
I am going to take a guess and say they just want you to help in the event that you find errors in their translation. So instead on doing a one man fixup/reupload, you let them do it or join their team.
I'll admit, I re-read that like 3 times before forcing myself to that conclusion. The phyco-knife translator in the bg didn't make drawing this conclusion any easier

Contributor
@SpacyRicochet sorry for tagging you in reply to a comment from three months ago, but you asked an interesting question that I actually think I have an answer to!
My theory on the long-ass titles is that they're actually just non-titles. They're essentially mini descriptions of the premise of the story. It makes a lot more sense when you picture a lone web novel sitting in a forum trying to catch people's attention. The author thought of a story but no title, but obviously needed a title for their forum post, so they just wrote up whatever and sent it out into the world.
Why the authors aren't made to come up with real titles when they make it big and get published is anyone's guess; but I think it might be rooted in the Japanese language and its propensity for shortening even the longest of concepts into four syllable nicknames. These four syllable abbreviations are so common that they're an irreplaceable part of fandom in Japan, with published mangaka even considering what the abbreviation will look like when picking a title, or choosing one they like right from the beginning and advertising it to the fans for it to catch on.
In English, we abbreviate and create shorthand by taking the first letter of every word, and turning that into an acronym, such as "Fullmetal Alchemist" being shortened to "FMA". (The Japanese nickname for FMA is "hagaren", from the full title "hagane no renkinjutsushi".) So naturally, the longer the title of something, the longer the acronym. But these Japanese nicknames always keep their four syllable format, and people will always use them to refer to a work, regardless of how long or short the title is. So overall there's just a lot less reason to keep titles to a reasonable length.

Users who are viewing this thread