Seijo wa Tokku ni Shoukansareteiru. Nihon ni. - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Natsukawa Rei

Thanks for picking this up, I've been waiting for this reverse isekai story to get scanlated. Apparently the subcontractor's boss committed suicide but I wonder if what Rei did here could actually bring him back to life or something. She did the same on a dead bird early on this chapter, but I'm not sure if her magic works the same on humans.

On pg. 39, her (fake) family name became Natsume (wasn't it Natsukawa? the notes on page 1 agree with the synopsis that it's Natsukawa), so that confuses me.

I do not know if the uploader of this chapter is also the scanlator, but I wonder if they could make a group here that matches the name on the credits page. "Manga de Linguist Project" for example. This is clearly not a "No Group" release since the scanlation has a credits page with a proper name, and the release also cannot be recorded on MangaUpdates without a group name (they do not accept "No Group" releases).
He did die yet when she saved him barely consciousness but still realized that he got saved by someone
I'm not belong to any group or scanlator just test project and try to make cool name here,
I didn't read novel yet to understand char personality and what they can do. well good translator should do that anyway and not mess up char by use wrong word, maybe I might not live up to the name I picked >.<
WOW!! thx for correction! I didn't notice that mistype it
I didn't fix my bad habit mistypo on char name sorry (〃>_<;〃)
friend confused all the time "who do you talk about...."
I will try to concentrate more next time ~(>_<~)

Dex-chan lover
so in my opinion her boss should just say this bill for buss fee and she can use the rest for her lunch,
well, お駄賃 is a phrase that meas basically that, it's errand money
for me, I feel like a boss who says things that are too literal like that might just make him look like a snob

Group Leader
I don't want to be grouped with scanlators. Scanlators often take copyrighted material and redistribute it without permission. This is illegal in many countries.
what I did just read it, write it down both original and translated, erase text and overwrite it, no difference from read book for kids
Hypocrisy at it's finest, ladies and gentleman.

i have no idea what are the other people smoking but

its a good scanlation and translation,thank you
enjoyed reading the chapter

Dex-chan lover
Well I just doing this for fun and I don't expect to get paid.

"I think it's good that you don't want to be grouped with scanlators. Scanlators often take copyrighted material and redistribute it without permission. This is illegal in many countries. You are not doing anything illegal by copying images from a pirate site and rewriting the Japanese text to English.
I think it's great that you are supporting the original artists. You are giving people the opportunity to read their work in English, even if they don't know Japanese."
Your credit page gives a very different impression.

I'm baffled you could type this out and actually thought it had any bit of logic or rationality. The mental gymnastics, wow.

Guess it's a lost cause.

i have no idea what are the other people smoking but

its a good scanlation and translation,thank you
enjoyed reading the chapter
yup I agreed, and It make me curious, how much they made each month since lot of ppl could live with it.
I fully know I will got citicized because some ppl will demand high quality same levels of official.
personally i feel like if official 100 scores, unofficial version should be fine as long as ppl understand story?
but lot of ppl got trolled just because they didn't reach those expectation and quit
at first i thought one chapter not going to take more than 1 hour but it took more time than expect
make me wonder it really unacceptable to amateur job?
oh I found it exciting to get hater anyway
so everyone should group up and make HQ then demand high pay?
actually I wanna try this long ago just feel like to do it now
sure there ppl that bad at it and done pretty bad job. respect their effort anyway lol
I'm not going to open dictionary check everything one by one since it troublesome

Your credit page gives a very different impression.

I'm baffled you could type this out and actually thought it had any bit of logic or rationality. The mental gymnastics, wow.

Guess it's a lost cause.
well I didn't demand anyone or force anyone to give me money, it's all about people choice, plus I don't think people who complain even spend single cent on freebies once in their life when leave the choice up to them?
IF someone think what I did unacceptable they can just go make better version or ask admin to remove.
I don't mind at all, If you worry that I will get paid? I can confirm that nobody pay me lol
maybe after got over 1000 readers might get 1$ lol

Dex-chan lover
You made a good first attempt and you clearly have some knowledge of Japanese. However, you might want to work on your English fluency.

Just some things I've noticed about your English.

-Your tense switches around in midsentence which causes a flow on effect of your verbs conjugating oddly.
  • You use singular nouns when you should be using plural.
  • You have a tendency to run on sentences (I.E you use multiple sentences together and combine them with commas). A good rule of thumb is to use commas sparingly.
- I've also noticed that you use plural nouns with singular verbs and vice versa. Plural nouns go with plural verbs and singular verbs go with singular nouns.

English is a tricky language to master because there are many exceptions to every rule of grammar. With practice, you'll get there!

You made a good first attempt and you clearly have some knowledge of Japanese. However, you might want to work on your English fluency.

Just some things I've noticed about your English.

-Your tense switches around in midsentence which causes a flow on effect of your verbs conjugating oddly.
  • You use singular nouns when you should be using plural.
  • You have a tendency to run on sentences (I.E you use multiple sentences together and combine them with commas). A good rule of thumb is to use commas sparingly.
- I've also noticed that you use plural nouns with singular verbs and vice versa. Plural nouns go with plural verbs and singular verbs go with singular nouns.

English is a tricky language to master because there are many exceptions to every rule of grammar. With practice, you'll get there!
Thank you so much for your explanation, your comment very useful for me.
I actually doubt translate manga will help me improve. well at least I will gain experience for deal with hater lol
(start feel like writing more difficult compared when chat with friend)

Contributor
I'm not belong to any group or scanlator just test project and try to make cool name here,
I didn't read novel yet to understand char personality and what they can do. well good translator should do that anyway and not mess up char by use wrong word, maybe I might not live up to the name I picked >.<
Honestly, I find it sad that you have a rather biased and very negative view of what a scanlator is. Not all scanlators demand money, by the way.

Scanlators, as a definition, are just people who translate manga as a hobby, and that also makes you a scanlator. Even if it's a solo project, even if you used unofficial raws. What you have done here counts as scanlation, but one that has plenty of room to improve. There are many 1-person scanlator "groups" like you who upload here on MangaDex. They're not bad people, you know.

Even making a 1-person "group" on Mangadex would be fine, but I guess you do not want a record of your release on MangaUpdates? (this is a site that records all information on manga including who did translations, regardless if it's official or unofficial)

Honestly, I find it sad that you have a rather biased and very negative view of what a scanlator is. Not all scanlators demand money, by the way.

Scanlators, as a definition, are just people who translate manga as a hobby, and that also makes you a scanlator. Even if it's a solo project, even if you used unofficial raws. What you have done here counts as scanlation, but one that has plenty of room to improve. There are many 1-person scanlator "groups" like you who upload here on MangaDex. They're not bad people, you know.

Even making a 1-person "group" on Mangadex would be fine, but I guess you do not want a record of your release on MangaUpdates? (this is a site that records all information on manga including who did translations, regardless if it's official or unofficial)
I'm fully understand that not every Scanlators holding chapter as hostage and demand money there many group that pretty professional
Well I would get annoying if people grouped me with Scanlators that used chapter as hostage.(felt like someone already did)
But I'm not as good as those good Scanlators who take it serious on their release.(I feel bad for them if they're group with me lol)
Honestly this just my test project, like experiment project collect feedback and stuff and gain my experience.
add donate link at start when I fully know will get hater also part of it, get reaction personally,how those troll will do? see how many people willing to donate? personally I don't expect that from half-heart job(as you can see I barely redraw). my time period for this project only 30 days and I will release only 4 chapters for this author since it already available on pirate site.
will continue after?
Oh another part. Scanlator actually help author when more people get to read their work, they get more popular and company buy their license to release official version on other language. So if you think add to mangaupdates will help people know more about their work, please do ^^
Personally as long as people get to read story(decent translated) author get more fans

PS. I'm glad there people like you on freebie communities, talk like adult and understandable ^^

Dex-chan lover
The absolute spite and entitlement I'm reading in these comments. Holy hell. You guys are reading manga for free. You want to do a better job? Do it yourself and piss off.

The absolute spite and entitlement I'm reading in these comments. Holy hell. You guys are reading manga for free. You want to do a better job? Do it yourself and piss off.
Thx! it's actually make me laugh thank for comment (´。• ω •。`)
yeah never say anyone who read it MUST pay lol
well translate didn't take long but put text on image and edit just took forever T-T
like over 10 hrs just for 30 pages (didn't know it troublesome until I try it myself)

Yeah, I'd love if we could get more Japanese > Spanish > MTL English translations cause people think they could do a better job.
We've already seen a bunch of times where series continually get worst because someone starts doing MTL instead of waiting for someone to make a proper translation. If you think people putting in time means they shouldn't be criticized then you should really rethink that. This really just needs someone who has a decent grasp of English to actually proofread it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread