Seiken Gakuin no Maken Tsukai - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
Okay, this just got interesting.

I like how they're blending fantasy, sci-fi, and science fantasy into their weird mish-mash. 10/10

Fed-Kun's army
art is really good but damn that mysterious fog

Double-page supporter
Fuck sakes. "But if I win you have to promise to stop being mean to my crush"
Fuck. Off.
Author, stop making content if all you're going to write is inconsistent stereotypical trash. If you're going to have an OP MC with a dominating personality, then give him one when he wakes up from a slumber. Don't swap between several personalities. Be consistent.
Rest of the chapter was fine. Core lore and characters are still being introduced

Contributor
This is fucking dumb, it's a test of his abilities not a formal duel. Why the fuck did they even consider his proposal in the first place? Just say No, beat his ass into a coma to prove that the MC's "Holy Sword" is better, and move on with their lives.

Dex-chan lover
oh so a woman showing herself to another man or woman is bad, but it's totally fine for a man... oh my how sexist kappa

Group Leader
It will be over in an instant, one page is enough, why bother to make it cliffhanger.

I have a few issues with the wording that's being used in this chapter. For instance, avant-garde means new and unusual or experimental ideas, especially in the arts, or the people introducing them. In the context of which this word was used, I believe the term vanguard would be more appropriate as it means the foremost part of an advancing army or naval force, which essentially means the advance force at the fore-front.

The word interrogation was also an issue here. Interrogation is a word often used in the context of investigation regarding a person or their activities putting it broadly (best example would be police interrogation). A better term to use may be evaluation or examination seeing as they're only curious about Leo's abilities. It would become an interrogation if they forced him to reveal more about his personal history and other things aside from his potential combat abilities.

@Dragons33 i know right... I'm confused why they use 'avant-garde' instead of vanguard... While i understand they have similiar katakana, the difference in meaning should make it up.

Dex-chan lover
Why is there no one mentioning something about those three girls that's considering doing ara-ara onee-san trope

Double-page supporter
Code:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/865225/16

Sniffs
This smell... is the smell of a criminal!...

Dex-chan lover
>It's just a test for gauging his strength
>By the way, let's add bets

Contributor
why the f do they make stupid bets every time? the bad guy always have good stakes and the MC asks for some stupid shit that is the same as not winning anything.

Users who are viewing this thread