Seirei Gensouki ~Konna Sekai de Deaeta Kimi ni~

Dex-chan lover
I think I tripped somewhere so can someone tell me
how the hell can he use magic? I know it's "copy" magic but isn't that just magic too? I was expecting him to have picked up apothecary somehow but I think the MC just went and broke the rule of him not being able to use magic.

@Tamed
They explain it later in the novel that he is using Spirit arts instead of Magic arts, like most humans. Magic imprints a mark with said spell while spirit arts doesn’t. Spirit arts instead contracts with a Spirit. Spirit arts is only better if you have a lot of Mana like Rio or Demi-humans, which most humans don’t have. Also it is his contract spirit telling him how to do things at critical moments.

Why do manga updates for this happen every 5 weeks? What’s wrong with every 4 weeks?

Dex-chan lover
@Snowbold Sounds convenient. So, when is this later? Is this going to be a long-running thing for this series or just an isolated case? I may as well drop it if this is going to be a reoccurring thing.

@Tamed
Not entirely sure what you mean but he formally learns how to use Spirit arts in the third novel and get his last Spirit advice in the 4th before actually meeting his contract spirit later in the 4th novel.

Dex-chan lover
@Snowbold
Not fond of rule bindings that gets nullified shortly after without proper setup. I thought that he'd learn something else to make up for what he lacks and find how to make use of the god-given power later. However, he uses technically magic and if this solves everything like actual magic then I'm out.

@Tamed
Throughout everything so far in the TL of LN and WN he is stronger or more knowledgeable in magic than most, with his only real competition being the Spiritfolk and some quasi-spirit character. Most of this story instead focuses on characters rather than how he overcomes obstacles with magic.
In Animesuki, I made the comparison of Magic vs Spirit arts as windows vs linux. Magic is basic and simple so humans can use it efficiently, but it pales to expertise in Spirit arts, but so few humans can use it at that level that it’s moot.

Dex-chan lover
@Snowbold
That's... a good sign.. tell me these characters are actual people at least, I'm starting to lose confidence in this series.

Will this get an update soon? The raw chapter 17 has been out since february 1st and there is also a 16.5.

Really like this isekai, reminds me a little of the mecha-one but without those annoying mechas, perfect.

I've read the chapter then it became unavailable in 3 hours. 😅

edit: ah, there were two of them. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread