Seirei-tachi no Rakuen to Risou no Isekai Seikatsu - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
Damn the water spirit is so hot. I'd level up quickly to form a contract with the boobs!

@RonBWL You don't "own" anything regarding a particular manga title unless you are the author or the publisher. I'm surprised that this is a difficult concept for you. Every manga reader on the planet could do what you are doing and your ability to prevent it is ZIP. POINT. SQUAT. You have no rights to do anything about it. You own no rights to the art - cleaning does not constitute a new "work" with regards to copyright laws. You own no rights to the text other than to be listed as the translator. The text in ANY language belongs to the author.

People flagging your release as "stolen" from another scanlator are just as ignorant of the facts as you apparently are. The entities being stolen from are the publisher and the author/mangaka. ALL scanlators are the ones doing the stealing. "Oh, but the title isn't released in my language, so we're not stealing it." How do you know that plans weren't in process to legally license the title in your language and the unauthorized release by scanlators made that license no longer economically worth it? You don't.

And yes, I'm aware that I have participated in this larceny in the past and I probably will again in the future, but you will NEVER see or hear me claim any sort of ownership or rights to the works of mangakas. That would just be way too much chutzpah.

Power Uploader
@Fadamor A very well-written wall of text, but no, sorry, you're clearly dodging the point of that claim - which is to not get it taken down by jerks who just want to give us more trouble that what we already have right now.

I'm saying this again, the claim simply addresses that we did the work on the chapter so we have control over it, even if it was already registered under another group. This was done to prevent false flagging, because I know for sure that there will be people doing that out of spite or whatever reason, it's THAT simple. If you can't process something that simple, then I have nothing else to say.

At this point I have to assume you're just way too ignorant to realize the fact that no scanlators can ever own their scans legally, so no, that's your own assumption that we claimed ownership of it. Period.

Users who are viewing this thread