Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai

Dex-chan lover
Okay, help me out here fellow weebs. Those Drama and Psychological tags scare me.
I'm out for Romance, wholesome and fluff, and that includes a happy ending. And in a ROMANCE it should be obvious what a happy ending is, but just in case: no shitty "and they went their separate paths and never saw each other again, but never forgot their time together" crap.

So...should I pick this up?

@Tatherwood the drama and psychological aspects are not that intense and the story is good, but the anime is 100x better, and this manga only covers the first part of the full story, so you should probably check out the anime after reading this one if you haven't. Plus, Sakuta and Mai share many fluffy moments in both this manga and the anime, and this manga has a good ending so don't worry about that. All in all, this manga is pretty good, and if you like it you should definitely check out the anime adaptation and maybe the light novels as well.

Dex-chan lover
@dodoycao Hm... What about the Sequel?
Cause comments like @windmill 's scare me XD
Not saying I don't believe you, but will probably wait for a second opinion.

@Tatherwood the sequels that are out on here are "Rascal Does Not Dream of Petite Devil Kohai" (https://mangadex.org/title/26207/seishun-buta-yarou-wa-petit-devil-kouhai-no-yume-wo-minai) and "Rascal Does Not Dream of Logical Witch" (https://mangadex.org/title/56273/rascal-does-not-dream-of-logical-witch), both of which are not fully translated. This means that the manga only covers up to the middle of the second light novel, of which there are ten out so far (I think an eleventh is coming out this month). @windmill 's comment about the author is valid concerning the drama, but unlike his other works, this one's drama is more in the supernatural events that occur and are intertwined with the character's struggles. If you are concerned about all the cliche love triangles and such, you shouldn't be because none of that happens in this story, and the mc stays loyal throughout the whole plot (at least in the anime; I have not read the light novels, but it is pretty clear that the mc would stay loyal given his behavior). If the psychological tag still scares you, it is only there because the story covers many deep issues such as bullying, superficial friendships, inferiority complex, etc. The story is very impactful, as expected of this author, but it keeps an overall positive tone. The growth of the relationship between the male and female lead is also a strong point of this story, so if you are looking for that then this one would probably suit your taste.

Dex-chan lover
@dodoycao Thank you very much for the in-depth explanation. I'll probably give it a try, then, and hopefully I can appreciate it.
I sometimes get over invested with stuff I read/watch and it literally leaves me emotionally scarred if things take a bad turn. 2020 is bad enough, so I'm being VERY careful with the stuff I pick up.

I feel like how they ended the anime was a bit longer lasting than how they ended the manga, just my opinion though. I think their was more development for the sister in the anime than their was in the manga.

EDIT: Now I remember it was because they decided to combine all the stories of the puberty syndrome in the anime while this one focuses on just Mai.

Okay, help me out here fellow weebs. Those Drama and Psychological tags scare me.
I'm out for Romance, wholesome and fluff, and that includes a happy ending. And in a ROMANCE it should be obvious what a happy ending is, but just in case: no shitty "and they went their separate paths and never saw each other again, but never forgot their time together" crap.

So...should I pick this up?
yes

Users who are viewing this thread