Sekai de Tada Hitori no Mamonotsukai ~Tenshoku shitara Maou ni Machigawaremashita~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Aggregator gang
How will they find the hero if he has the tittle, he changed jobs but I mean, he should still have the title hidden in his display right?

that's how it usually plays, anyway I would love some spoilers.

Thank you for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
That S-rank boy sure got the brawn, but not the brain.
Oh and, hospitality-wise I think the Kingdom is better than the Empire. I hope MC tramples the Empire a little bit, and that Muller church while he's at it.

Dex-chan lover
RHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

All jokes aside, I wonder how the kingdom's gonna respond to a "Demon Lord", and if they have the same prejudice against monsters.
Are they of the same faith as the Empire and what's their military prowess if the empire is wary of them?

Dex-chan lover
@krispy
Can we give a round of applause to this queen for knowing not to antagonize a strong opponent and actually having the decency and brain cells to remember who the hero was and recognize that same historical person when they show up

giphy.gif

I didn't expect to have to applaud, but I do agree XD

@Druhms
The kingdom is clearly the lesser party here, since the Empire felt they could afford to start "dealing" with monster kingdom without first securing any further alliances.
But it's not infinitely smaller, since the strongest part of the army is reserved for defense against them, so it's probably something from "a quarter of the empires strength" up to "near parity".

(A quarter lasts a long way when further alliances might be made - the empire not having any access to the sea should mean that the empire ain't very strong when compared to all other together, and that all the coastal nations have some sort of loose alliance to help protect each others from imperial expansionism.)

It's probably that the Queen is the most belligerent of the neighbors, probably because she (or her nation) is of a different faith.

(If the other nations are of the monster hater faith, then the Queens kingdom is probably near-parity in strength with the empire, and the main reason for why the empire hasn't expanded to the sea anywhere is that the church doesn't allow it elsewhere - if the empire grows to be the sole or supreme nation of monster hater faith, the emperor can start dictating things to the "pope", while if there's several nations left who all together might get near parity in strength with the empire, then the "pope" remains a master of the faith since a "crusade" can be called against uppity emperors).

I do like to compare the differences in treatment, which might also be clues to the relative strength.

The Emperor considers religion to be stronger than monster kingdom (and at the moment he is right to think so), but wants to take the opportunity to weaken the church forces by pitting them against this new operator. (Meanwhile he brings in the weakest but most numerous parts of his army as a show of support to the church.)

The Queen considers the Empire to be the biggest threat against her and her kingdom, and would happily, nay eagerly, make a deal with any devil to protect both. (And her ability to try to make a deal implies that she's of a different faith, meaning she might have monster/non-human citizens that would be put to the sword by the opposing forces upon an invasion. And even if that doesn't apply, there will certainly be an inquisition and lots of burning people just because of the "wrong religion must also be eradicated" clause that might well be pulled by a church that wants to grow bigger to keep pace with the emperor.)

-

All in all, possibly a surprising depth to the politics in this one.

Dex-chan lover
MILFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That kingdom, they were so smut to act like that.
Though, they were already in so much power and position on the continent to act like that.
It even let their reasoning to become dull even in the presence of the dragon.
They already had an pawns of S-rank individuals to deal with a dragon class so they were not scared anymore.
But, the problem here was, they dont actually know the influence MC will bring forth to other other countries and individuals that might ally with them in the future against the kingdom.
The perfect example would be the appearance of MILF queen, which i believe recruiting or allying to someone against the kingdom, and make the opportunity be productive to each other party...

Dex-chan lover
The highest ruling authority bowed. That's the same as the whole country bowing.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, there's literally only two nation in the entire continent? Then it's obvious the Queen will ally him, because by doing so, she can use her "charm" to steamroll the empire

@Kayriel well, maybe it is just that nations way of greeting people - like maybe bowing is something that everybody does to everyone 😉 (tho im half joking)

Users who are viewing this thread