Sekai de Tada Hitori no Mamonotsukai: Tenshoku shitara Maou ni Machigawaremashita - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - Strategist Jessica

Dex-chan lover
That barrier is supposed to stop him when it can't even defeat a punk necromancer that could only knock down 4 primitive huts during an all out assault?
Of more importance is the fact that there is legitimately going to be a new hero to fill in his old spot instead of it being speculation.

Dex-chan lover
@Justking14

we learned that classes can change until you are 15, so I don´t think she would have been hiding it...
She likely is turning into a new class...something like a "deceiver", or hell... she could be the actual demon lord.
She is going to be something like a tactician (of monsters) that is proficient in betrayal / deceiving people after all.

Ofc I'm basing that on the *assumption* that the class system is made to fit the next best thing instead of being purely random.
If it's pure random then yeah, she could become the hero or whatever the system wants.

Dex-chan lover
Noah Solution for the problem he facing it:

KILL THEM ALL

Sure,
They will retaliate,
But they need time,
And crush them before it.

Dex-chan lover
noah is supposed to be dumb and strong. why is he waiting to fight? what would an anti-dragon barrier do against noah?

So the mother and daughter is a pair of liars. Great.
Man, this is bad for my heart. Noah is dumb, yet his opponents are smart this time. He will surely get trapped in their scheming.
Sure he can brute force everything, but he wants to avoid being seen as the demon lord so I don't think he will.

Also, I'm looking forward to what Noah will do to Pappy.

Dex-chan lover
@HeyHeyWhat

They're ruling class. There's no leader who isn't a liar, because the truth can often hurt the thing you're trying to protect, especially since people are pretty fucking dumb. If you've had any sort of leader in your life, their foundation includes lies, they've lied to you or your group, and done things that would be considered morally reprehensible - chances are you just didn't know about it. And that's just for the GOOD leaders. To say nothing of the ones who are only out for personal gain.

Dex-chan lover
Okay so aside from the MC's faction there are just no loyalties here. The kingdoms contacted adventures are in fighting, the church is on a whole different page than the kingdom they reside with, the mom and daughter schemers are scheming against each other, and I'm sure there's more infighting between these idiots. They'll topple there empires on their own before the MD even gets the chance. Ngl, I'd rather we just skip all this annoying politics and just have the MC assert his dominance (namely destroy the empire and church and scare the kingdom into submission) and then move on to slow life village building. I really don't understand why he doesn't. With his strength he could easily tame more powerful monsters and end the plot in 5 seconds or just go all out by himself and end it in 10. As long as he's wary of the people he loves being used against him he should be able to keep them all in the village and protected by someone strong enough (Drake) and again it shouldn't take long if he goes all out. None of these people really deserve to be spared a thought over their murder. At first this was fairly interesting but the author made a huge mistake in making the empire and church so openingly antagonistic. It would have made sense in the Mc getting entangled in politics (because he's bad at them) and wanting thereafter to abide by the agreements he made, if he wasn't near immediately given a reason why that was the worse idea and none of why he should continue that route. He's seen firsthand why he shouldn't interact with other countries, has huge incentive to destroy the empire and church, and is strong enough to destroy both and make a completely secure and self effecient nation. Hell, as he goes through wrecking the church and empire he can get even more op tamed adventures like Drake (increasing security). Worst this politics stuff is just getting so boring. Literally nothings been happening the last few chapters. Just a bunch of setup that don't feel like will pay off any time soon. Its like watching someone stack dynamite in minecraft as opposed to actually building something or exploring or doing anything. Sure when it sets off an chain reaction explosion it'll be awesome (for like a second), but up until then it's just really really boring.

On a more optimistic sense this means that because the MC gave up the hero title someone else just got it out of nowhere (I can't remember if that's already been teased but it should be interesting; I do remember that there is someone that actually has the demon lord title out there so those two things could be interesting if used soon enough). Overall, I do want know how I feel about continuing this. Probably will keep reading begrudgingly; hopefully that explosion goes off soon. This is a pretty disappointing turn for what started as a favorite series

Came to the comments section because I'm really enjoying an LN adaptation that puts the MC in a difficult situation he's not prepared for instead of having him just steam roll problems through brute force and wanted to see what direction other people thought he might take, especially with the monster fusions (sounds like some shin megami tensei shit) and to see speculation on what the daughter's class might be turning to. Instead it feels like 90% of the comments are "omg why does he not just kill everyone and smash everything already, I want my brute force problem steam roller"

Dex-chan lover
@ConstantErasing I'm not really trying to argue (I mean if you like it; you like it), but your comment makes me feel like I should explain better. The problem is the writing. Its not that I'd rather see the MC destroy all his enemies, but that I'm not getting a good reason why he shouldn't. The only inkling of a reason was that he wanted to be a peaceful nation and his brother might still be out there. The former reason was completely disregarded when the empire and church so openly antagonize him and the latter could be solved in seconds if he searched or just destroyed the empire fast enough. Other than that I don't see a reason for any of this happening. He doesn't need the obviously shifty and manipulative kingdoms help and everything so far has established that he could destroy the empire and church's strongest in moments (and add to his ranks at the same time). He shouldn't care about killing because 1) they started it and as responsible leaders should expect consequences 2) he can raise any opponent he defeats 3) he should still be so angry he literally doesn't give a shit 4) they just deserve it. I would say the author massively messed up in how they set this up (could also be the adaptations fault for not throughly explaining; maybe in the LN he's given succeficent reasoning). The plot just isn't coherent and feels like a jumbled mess that doesn't fit the protagonist (which you really don't want; the plot HAS to work with your main character). If the author wanted to make a political strife story (or even just arc) they should have better established the characters to suit it. NO ONE should be thinking "okay but why is this even happening? Was is there any conflict here?" (Artificial conflict is a clear sign of weak writing). Honestly there shouldn't even be room for argument or debate over this. If I'm a writer and I learned most my readers expressed confusoon and lack of understanding in why a conflict or plot is even happening then my thoughts aren't gonna be "wow these readers all completely missed the plot and are way off base" or anything similar, but "okay, I probably should have written this better and been way more clear". I would also say a huge problem is that the author attracted the wrong readers with his initial/early chapters. Readers should be given a good feel for the story they're reading early on. What we thought we were getting was an fantasy battle Manga about an OP MC who changed his class tamer and will breeze through problems and tame op monsters as he protects a village and is accidentally seen as a demon lord. This political strife and country relations is unexpected and unappealing to the attracted readers. For most people (me at least) if you came for an OP Mc story and got political strife it's rather boring in comparison (and I can like a good political strife story); a bunch of setup and rising tension in words, but no real action or crazy over the topness (which I love these op Mc stories for). Again if you don't want the readers to think "why doesn't he just one shot everything" don't establish that the protag is capable of that (and then give a weak reason for why he doesn't (he's nice) and take that away (almost whole family murdered; BTW that anger was subsided why too quickly and didn't make an appearance again so far. Again pretty poor writing for the character (inconsistent and Unrealistic) someone like the Mc (and really his maid) who cares that much over family and friends wouldn't drop this so fast. That type of revelation is what makes characters like this go over the edge and is interesting (it shouldn't just be a scene of anger with nothing happening; the Mc is at least still trying to destroy the empire but again at that level of anger no good reason why he shouldn't alone and he's been established as powerful enough to easily be able to do it alone))
Again this is all chopped up to bad writing and poor author decisions. You don't have to agree with me and I'm happy if you're enjoying reading this, but your comment did make me think I hadn't explained myself well enough and I personally generalizations and over simplifications. I just don't want to think it's only "omg... I want my brute force steam roller". Most people generally have actual reasons for not enjoying something and I think mine are fairly justified.

Dex-chan lover
Really, what a shitty world...
It's always funny to see a character criticize the author's writing. It makes me wonder why the author even went ahead with such a clearly flawed setting, if even the set pieces are aware of its flaws.
(Sure, some problems in anything can be intentional, but in such a derivative template?)

Dex-chan lover
hmmmmm, any spoiler for the princess' class (the actual or new), for all i care, the static could be her class changing into something else.
Also where's the hero's corpse?
I need LN spoiler.

That system is also pretty fucked up, it's like someone playing some shitty strategy game using these people's life.

Dex-chan lover
So the pope is being controlled? Or is it a demon who has metamorph?

Dex-chan lover
so far the little girl seems like the only smart character, looking forward to her being ruined by something stupid

Users who are viewing this thread