Sekirara ni Kiss

If this is yet another love triangle i am dropping this.. why cant there just be 2 main characters that fall in love ?, not everything has to be tedious, useless drama. fml.

jak

Contributor
@mystline

Because love triangles are a good way to have drama. Just because its not pure fluff doesn't mean its bad.

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I tend to draw a rather fuzzy line between real triangles and little plot complications. Like, if someone involved really can't make up their mind or has a real chance of changing it, that's a real love triangle, and I usually find them annoying (although there are some excellent exceptions). If it's just that someone shows up and causes a little trouble but it's really going to either have no effect or just push the main couple forward a bit through jealousy or whatever, that's not a real triangle it's just a little plot complication and whether I hate it depends how it's handled.
This looks like that second thing to me. Brother is there to force male lead to confront his feelings.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, I'm so used to the fact that this is a yuri author, that I originally thought that on the cover tomboy.

@jak No it isnt lol. It is the easiest and pussiest way to make a story have substance. You can create good drama without having to put some random love triangle bullshit in a manga. The love-triangle drama angle is overplayed and basically means you can't write/think of anything better or you're too lazy to write/think of anything better lol.

jak

Contributor
@Fireoath

That's complete and utter bullshit. Love triangles are a staple of the genre and there's nothing wrong with using them.

fhq

Does it seem like the moral theme of this manga is so redundant..

Dex-chan lover
Oh my goodness these characters actually COMMUNICATE with each other

Double-page supporter
@jak love triangle are a staple, but that doesn't mean there is nothing wrong with them, there is so much more interesting ways to have drama..um for exemple... oh yeah : relationships don't really wrok out magically and both parties need to pour in a lot of effort in understand/cooperating with one another, that is one of the simplest and basic ways of creating even a bit of drama that is miles better than having a love triangle slapped on for the sake of adding a tag to the genre list, something overused doesn't mean it's good, it just mean it's convenient : look at all those isekais that have no plot and are just clones of each other, they're a staple of manga now and there is something wrong with them, same with the romance genre being overflooded with this : oh i love her but you loved her first but i won't give up coz i have no character and can't bother get some development to move on with my life and be a normal human being, it has to be that person- type of thought that only a 3 year old would relate too before getting bored and going to bed and forgetting about it

This is so wholesome, good well rounded characters who actually take the time to properly talk through their troubles, really refreshing

Manga's okay. Characterisation's step above its contemporaries in the genre. Art's better than good.

Also, very late to the party, but seven years ago I'd never imagined Akuta Fumie to be writing someting other than girls love in the future, let alone turn that writing into a successful, well paying job. Her shoujos appear to be rather popular, good for her.

Fed-Kun's army
This shit has the second most retarded love triangle i've ever seen. The first being Namaikizakari.

Users who are viewing this thread