Sen no Sukiru o Motsu Otoko - Vol. 3 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
This chapter was schizophrenic. It's like they were trying to superficially hit every event in the source material and wound up with something completely incoherent if you aren't familiar with said source material. Constant disconnected jumps between events without context to explain any of it.

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro Yeah I guess my problem was that I assumed magic would still carry some normal physics to them, that combined with that cone of wind made me question the scene. They haven't explained much about how magic interacts with the world, have they? I'm not blanking on some basic information, right?

Dex-chan lover
I binged read this. Followed.

MARRY HER ALREADY.

Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
@Hitspark Probably not blanking on anything. I can't remember for sure how in depth this has gotten before either, but it probably was more towards "This skill does this," than "This skill does this by doing such and such to the whatsit." Y'know, state the what but not the how sort of deal? Probably. I was never super invested in this one and that 6 months between the last chapter and this one did nothing to help me remember everything I'm sure.

That was stupid. This was the 2nd time something like this happened and he still didn’t notice. Trash! That’s why his wife cheated on him.

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal
No, I'm not familiar with the source material. I was talking about this chapter the whole time. I just brought up the source since I've seen this kind of nonsensical writing before and it's almost always a result of trying to cover everything in the source material, but not taking the time to do so and just covering each event superficially.

The approach could kind of work as a companion for someone who has gone through the source, I guess. Kind of like an larger version of the odd drawn scene taking up like 1/3 of a page on a light novel. However, it's completely nonsensical to anyone who hasn't gone through the source.

He may be the most courageous man in the world... but he might as well be as perceptive as a bat.
Sooo... they're just gonna... leave that bike and trailer there... on a deserted island... where they invested in actually doing faster transportation in an alternate world where there isn't motorized transportation?
What kind of nonsense is that?
What was even the point of it?
To luck out on smugglers for your own ship that can traverse ONLY an inland lake?
And here I thought they were gonna do something with infinite positive loops of ever-increasing wealth.

Aggregator gang
Umu, that wind magic scene in page 18... it's physically wrong... it will work if you use wind magic as propeller rather than for hitting the sail... if you hit the sail with that kind wind magic, the ship will move backward

Dex-chan lover
They could have kept some magic stones on his magic storage instead of just handing them over I think. Getting some reward would not be as much as selling it themselves.

Double-page supporter
Some of the place names looked... kinda familiar, so i looked them up:

Baden Lake -> Bodensee, aka Lake Constance
Dukedom of Ostrea -> Duchy of Austria
Bragenz/Bragnatz -> Bregenz, Austria

Can't figure out what "Golfsdorf" or "Portand" correspond to IRL tho

Double-page supporter
@shingen the only real world references of "Golfsdorf" and "Portand" I could think of it Gulf Shores and Portland.. Now I could be 100% wrong but I guess that's what it could be? lloll

Dex-chan lover
so, I guess his courage x6 or it could be higher than 6 now isn't enough to make him say that corny line? jeez his courage must be less than 1

Users who are viewing this thread