Sen wa, Boku o Egaku - Vol. 4 Ch. 32 - The lines that draw us

God, I loved this
The chapters of Aoyama and his fathers were the best
So much thanks for translating

Holy shit, what an amazing manga this was. Thanks a lot guys for translating this, you guys are awesome!

Aggregator gang
Okay but where is romance?

Edit:Oh they removed romance tag.

Thank you for thisss!! I fell in love with the manga and gain more knowledge of sumi e painting which i have no knowledge before and the plot is deep and profound. Truly a lovely work that incorporates both art, culture and life themes.

Group Leader
I really loved this manga, not just for the heartwarming story but also for introducing me to an art form I never knew. The artist's depiction of sumi-e paintings is truly magnificent and I cannot express how much I was moved by their art.

Fed-Kun's army
At first, I thought it felt pretty rushed when it cut to the award ceremony, but this is fine. Guess I'll kinda miss this one.

Thank you for the scan group for bringing this manga to english speaking audiance, and that one full page of chiaki smile is really beautiful!! Really hoping to see another work from both of mangakas

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for translating! The sumi-e art really is beautiful, props to the artist (or artists?) for the paintings shown here

Fed-Kun's army
That was an amazing journey for us readers.

Thanks a lot to the Scanlators! We wouldn't have been able to read this masterpiece without you all. :D

Thanks for the update. What an amazing story really love it and good job author really love the story. Thank you translators and all of the people who work together for this manga really thank you, RESPECT!

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for the work translating this. Although it’s a bit rushed it’s a wonderful story

Aggregator gang
It’s funny how I originally read this because I saw the romance tag, but now that it was removed I’m not disappointed. It was a really good read that I didn’t even need to see them get together (but we all know they will).

Thank you for the good work, Akatsuki!
Damn, this manga can make me cry even though there's no sad or over dramatic scene. It just clicked. The same reaction with the bystander that crying when Sensei was painting at the college.

TBH, I really want to see Chiaki and Aoyama's relationship conveyed in more straight forward way. With love confession and such, but you know.... Seeing Chiaki's smile on the page 14 is enough. "You can understand by looking. There's no need for words." said Sensei about Aoyama's painting, and maybe it too hold true for Chiaki and Aoyama. That smile, the laugh they shared together is enough to make us understand that they are grateful and happy for each other. Is that romantic love? Weeeeell, I want to believe it is. I mean, even we don't see love confession of other characters. We just see them closer than usual, and we know.

Double-page supporter
It was a great read But a couple things still making it bitter. At some point FMCs hair was different. Which was wired. And maybe that the relationship between the main protagonists didn't made it into a confession or an aftermath chapter is a bit off-putting. But non or less a great read. The support characters who were the pivot points to advance the art of the MC were somewhat shallow and in retrospective just some plot device. Making the MC a good observer and letting him advance to a masterfull painter that wins awards in one year is questionable at the fundamental level. Non or less for the fictional story it was moving and had some nice moments.

Aggregator gang
Such a wholesome and peaceful read. I loved it! Thank you Akatsuki Scans!
The bond between Chiaki and Aoyama is beyond casual romance. I actually liked how the author didn't get into it too much and focused on how Aoyama should heal himself first before anything else.
Aoyama winning the special prize was a bit of a turn off though. He could've gotten "promising newcomers" with some other new painters at best.

Users who are viewing this thread