Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Nursing

Dex-chan lover
@criver
The whole point is that this is oversimplified and dumbed down in order to emphasize how "amazing" the MC is.

Yes, this is an Isekai Novel, we know, thank you.

Group Leader
Thank you for the scans. I've been enjoying this series, and I thought it was about time to stop lurking and say my thanks ^^

Dex-chan lover
@Panino Implying that every isekai dumbs down everything to make the MC stand out. Granted, a lot do, but not all.

Group Leader
@panino and @criver Just saying, this isn't an isekai lol. Isekai is going to a "different world" or dimension to say, this is "time travel" rather than isekai. My work is done here.

Dex-chan lover
@flowingcloud

Isekai works revolve around a normal person from Earth being transported to, reborn, or trapped in a parallel universe, usually a fantasy world.

I am petty sure this constitutes a parallel universe, if not for the reason that she can muck around with it and change the future, then because this is only loosely historically based. Notably it has a number of the typical isekai characteristics, such as self-gratification aspects and a Mary Sue MC. The plot is surprisingly not as bad as in many other isekai though.

Group Leader
@criver Actually, if you were to search SKM (sengoku komachi) on Syosetu, SKM falls under non-isekai. Most stories that use "time travel" as their plot device, isn't considered isekai, especially in Japanese. A "second chance" novel/manga is where a person goes back into time and restart their life, but that isn't necessarily isekai is it? Applying the same logic to this series, she's just going back in time with knowledge of that era, therefore it's not isekai.

People that argue this is Isekai will also say that Goblin Slayer is Isekai. Its just dumb

Fed-Kun's army
@nyanpass i would consider it an isekai while yes they are on earth this is now technically an alternate timeline/dimension which to me is good enough to be considered in another world

Dex-chan lover
Due to the popularity of isekai, these days pretty much everything gets tagged isekai, sometimes even if it's unclear where the protagonist has come from in the first place, which makes no sense at all. For me, time travel stories like this are as much isekai as ending up in a fantasy world, but I'd agree that it's not what I'd typically associate with the genre. Time-travelling-to-the-sengoku period is pretty much a subgenre in and on itself though, there's a whole bunch of those (and usually ending up as a Oda retainer ^^).

Isekai isn't parallel world though... it's literally a different world. Parallel world 平行世界 = different timeline that parallels (平行) to the original timeline, but the same world (世界); Isekai 異世界 = different (異) world (世界), timeline is irrelevant if time-travelling etc not involved.
Both are not mutually exclusive, which means we can have Isekai with parallel worlds that involve time-travelling, or non-Isekai Earth that involves time-travelling. Both are very much their own theme/genre that stands on their own.

(Edit) Earth time-travelling with parallel worlds, which it's not Isekai, generally is due to sci-fi events, could be due to fantasy events,
e.g.: Steins;Gate, Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan

Isekai time-travelling with parallel worlds (of that Isekai), which is Isekai because the perspective of the story is from non-native characters from Earth,
e.g.: Re:Zero, Yari no Yuusha no Yarinaoshi

Non-Isekai Fantasy (define: Fantasy as in having magics etc that don't exist in reality) world that the Earth is irrelevant/doesn't exist in the setting, is not Isekai,
e.g.: Goblin Slayer, Fairy Tail, Naruto

Non-Isekai Fantasy world that the Earth is irrelevant/doesn't exist in the setting, is not Isekai, but involves time-travelling, usually in the form of Reincarnation,
e.g.: Kouritsu Kuriya Madoushi, Hiraheishi wa Kako o Yumemiru

Earth with Fantasy settings and no time-travelling involved,
e.g.: Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh

Earth with Fantasy settings and time-travelling involved,
e.g.: Katekyo Hitman Reborn, InuYasha

(Edit) Earth with Non-fantasy settings and time-travelling involved,
e.g.: Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan

Reverse Isekai (which is Isekai genre/theme basically) where fantasy beings are transferred to our world but the story is just told from the perspective of Earth characters,
e.g.: Welcome to Japan Elf-san

Isekai is only Isekai from the perspectives of non-Isekai-natives, meaning that to people from Earth (transferred to Isekai or not), Isekai is another world that functions differently (like having magics etc, different universal physics etc) from Earth or the universe they are in (if different planet but still same physics etc, that's only sci-fi not Isekai). On the other hand, Earth is the Isekai from the perspectives of the fantasy beings from the world where characters from Earth are transferred to. Basically, it's like aliens to us are aliens because they are not from Earth, but to those aliens, we're the aliens from their perspectives.

So basically, just because alternate(parallel or not) timelines involved/created due to time-travelling occurred on the Earth in the story, it doesn't make that Earth to become Isekai, regardless of there are fantasy settings or not for that Earth (because all Earths in these fictions are Fictional Earths). Alternate(parallel or not) timelines of a world still belong to that world, and couldn't have existed if the original timeline never existed or changed. Isekai worlds don't need a non-Isekai original world (usually Earth of MCs) to exist in order to exist.

There's no harm that some people prefer to continue misunderstanding/mistaking/misinterpreting things that have definite answers due to their personal beliefs etc but remain that to themselves, but if they're just confused they could have just listened and learned. In so many cases (especially in BL series or BL comedy scenes in non-BL series), I see some people refuse to listen and insist on presenting their own opinions as objective arguments and use it as a way to trash the story/characters (or in this case, doing both that and implying that certain Isekai stories are generally bad just because they don't like some/many/all Isekai stories/characters), really shares similarities to behaviours of what we generally call, a hater, which the hater/cancel/anti-fandom cultures are really making many people exhausted and nobody wins from it. If this doesn't apply to you, great we all share the same hobby of reading mangas and hopefully mangas continue to excite us; but if this is applicable to you, there are better ways to express your opinions in a more constructive and compassionate way, so why don't we just get better and don't trash things that some other people like? Be a manga lover, not a manga hater! 😏

@UnknownSaint111 , yay thanks for noticing my long-winded post, my fellow manga addict! lol
I spent quite some time just to write that post, it'd be kinda lonely for me to be ignored because I was hoping it could be helpful... T^T

Edit:
Reading back, I should have grouped the Steins;Gate and Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan together...
Although currently it's unclear if the time-travelling event in Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan was due to Sci-fi or fantasy method, they are both considered non-Isekai Earth time-travelling plot anyway.

Earth time-travelling with parallel worlds, which it's not Isekai, generally is due to sci-fi events, could be due to fantasy events,
e.g.: Steins;Gate, Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan

my dude made the pogchamp face. car dude made the pogchamp face lmao

Users who are viewing this thread