Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Training

Dex-chan lover
It is not an isekai. Isekai means another world that is different from our world ie. different animals and plant species, the introduction of magic, etc.
If time travel is isekai too then Ouke no monshou, Red River, Amakusa 1637, Jin, Nobunaga no Chef, etc. are all isekai?
People should go look up the very definition of isekai and stop abusing the word.

@VerneJules She just said it that way for Nobunaga to understand easier. And you should remember that Japanese is complicated. What we read is just the translated version so it might not be the same words the author originally wanted to convey. One example, there are a lot of works translated the word province and domain as nation (ie. the official translated Inuyasha), leading people thinking that Japan was split into many nations in Sengoku era but it was not the case since all the feudal lords still had to obey the Shogun and the Emperor.

@crazybars Rich people in ancient Japan didn't eat meat regularly either since Emperor banned meat eating since Heian period. The main source of protein for them were fishes and other seafood. Sometimes they ate boars and ducks but beef was a big no. Chicken were actually raised as pets. Only mountain people and hunters ate meat frequently but they were usually shunned by other people and labeled as barbarians. Remember in some of the first chapters when Shizuko hunted the deer, the villagers were afraid of eating it.

@miyako19
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I wasn't talking about Japan's situation because that one is complex. The Nobles tended to stick to the meat bans and ate dairy products, fish and other protein because they tended to be Buddhist. Many Japanese peasants weren't (Shintoism co-existed almost equally with Buddhism) so they ate whatever they wanted, regardless of what meat the government outlawed.

Circumventing the meat ban among peasants was so common, they had a Flower code names for meats to keep it secret as written in this Nabe advertising article on a Japanese tourism website.

(Article on the Flower language of Meats, Aka come to Japan and eat Nabe Ad)
https://jpninfo.com/63609

Dex-chan lover
I had failed to notice the screw in the bottle.
I had to question Shizuko, was this little convenience even necessary the work?
Makes you wonder how the author will give relevance to this little piece of "technology".

When will Shizuko meet foreigners?
Japan my be very ignorant at this time, but the rest of the world also. Europe is still in the Renascence, I think, so Shizuko can also make an impact in the West if she ever meets and talks with foreigners.

Dex-chan lover
@CivilSky ...that wasn't the point of my post at all?

Just that protein diet > grain diet. Pic was stolen from r/keto

This is technically another world, but I think it shouldn't be called isekai though. This is just time travel.

Aggregator gang
@mizumachi yup saying time travel is the better term in this case. Tough it will be a very different time frame from our own.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, this is not an ISEKAI?

Also I finally know that my family are ancient Japanese people.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldnt group it anywhere near what most call "isekai" these days, and while in the literal or technical it is not, in terms of being a literary plot device in this manga, it very much is.
I almost think it should have the isekai tag so that maybe those that read the drivel that caused it to become an actual "genre" and currently drowning that tag these days could read something of a more refined nature.
Really sound like a holier than thou neck-beard weaboo there at the end but I maintain my position. Heck I even enjoy some of the so called drivel isekai for a mindless break regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread