Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 8 Ch. 37 - Marriage

Dex-chan lover
@sssr New isekei concept, beer belly'd middle aged bar trawler who beats his enemies by drinking contests.

"This is the strongest we got."

"Puh, only 5%? Pathetic."

Dex-chan lover
Damnn lucky motherfucker.XD
It got the shit of me when I thought shizuko will be the one who will be on an arrange marriage.phew.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE TRASLATIONS!

@Bhavna The difference in strength is impressive (Mitsuo is completely fine at the end, everyone else is wasted), almost god-like. Could be a kind of gap moe, what with Mitsuo's usual personality being so mild lol.

It's very possible that the concept of marriage is very abstract for her, she admires Mitsuo but haven't thought about stuff like children and what Mitsuo and her would have to do to make them. Mitsuo himself doesn't seem all that attracted by his teenage wife so I doubt he's done anything that could lead to such thoughts lol. Then again I could definitely see the princess having had to come to terms with her potentially marrying someone much older, and Mitsuo is a nice man

Group Leader
@Bhavna Culture might be the biggest factor. I remember there was a time when overweight women were more desirable because they were believed to be the symbol of wealth.

Dex-chan lover
@Aoitenshi @Bhavna The majority of Japanese (and other East Asian) men have a genetic condition that delays metabolization of alcohol. The condition is sometimes called the East Asian alcohol flush. I have it, so I have to limit my drinking speed when I do go out to drink. It doesn't really limit the amount of alcohol consumption, just the speed and frequency. I can drink a full 500ml bottle of Chinese baijiu with 55%+ alcohol content in one sitting, but the sitting must be over an hour long. This is why there are still many alcoholics in populations with the EA alcohol flush.

While technically the prevalence is only around 40% in East Asia in general, this is because the more diverse Chinese population, with many people of genetically Turko-Mongol or Tunguskic descent (who don't share the genetic condition), overwhelms the statistics. In Japan the number is more like 70% of males. That's why alcohol tolerance has traditionally been considered a sign of strength and virility in Japan. You can even find this in their heroic literature. Maeda Keiji is especially notable for the amount of literature praising his drinking "skills".

Dex-chan lover
@Aoitenshi
There wasn't a trend like that even in ancient times, but I think it was due to old age and health problem that people become fat especially the wealthy people.
They couldn't divorce their wife whose only crime is becoming fat due to religion, so they have to just stuck with them.
@Bhavna
At that time, the legal age for the girl to get married is around 12-18 and 20 years old and beyond are considered pass their marriageable age. (I might be wrong but I referencing from the Chinese cultural side). And the men side usually can range from young man to old man at their 40s or 50s. So in their perspective, it is legal in the eyes of their culture.

Double-page supporter
@Dr_Harnsaft she personally, nothing in the history. But her father is the one who first adopt firearms in Japan. The first firearms in Japan is called tanegashima, the name of an island in her father territory, which happen to be Oda's favorite weapon. There's a chance Oda will be using firearms for his army earlier compared to the history because of this connection, her father territory is known as the best firearms producer in Japan at that time.

Dex-chan lover
Drinking booze, get loli wife..

Me: drinking booze, get arrested

Users who are viewing this thread