Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 8 Ch. 37 - Marriage

Dex-chan lover
@honeyheat : I agree, child marriages, as well as cousin marriages were only common among the rich and powerful. We're talking about less than a percent of all marriages. It was all about getting and concentrating power, influence and wealth. Also it's easy to confuse engagement and marriage, especially in political alliances where early engagements were common but the actual marriages happened late enough that they would be allowed in many countries today.

As an example I'll use one of the most important political figures in Scandinavian history: Margrete, who ruled as Queen of Norway (from 1380), Denmark (from 1387)and Sweden (incl. Finland, from 1389) until her death in 1412. She was a Danish princess who was engaged to king Haakon of Norway when she was just 6 years old (he was 18). When she was 10, she traveled to Oslo, where she spent 5 years being educated by a Noblewoman and her daughter (same age as Margrete) for how to be Queen of Norway. There were strict rules and I sincerely doubt that anything were allowed to happen before the actual marriage ceremony, which took place when she was 15. She bore her only child when she was 17, and survived him, thus her long reign.

Power Uploader
If you think about it, a man who can hold his liquor, who doesn't have violent outbursts when drunk or otherwise, with a mild tempermant and hard worker.. she probably pushed for the marriage more than her father.

yeah, yeah, child marriage yada yada. but well, this is the owari, not japan. child marriage was fine then, because people don't care much about age and care more about status and power. soooo no need to show your disgust. this is historically accurate, just admit it.

@Kirin-kun

Oda is not naive to think that:
1. Marrying her to his underling would make her loyal to him and not alienate her
2. Marrying her to his underling would make her loyal to him and not make his underling loyal to her

Especially when status quo works fine.

He probably would be happy enough if something happen naturally, but forcing issue is questionable move. He may do it later, but that he didn't do it yet is not strange.

PS. Also before her growth in power it was unimportant. After it meant that it would be his vassal marrying into her family unless somebody of VERY high status - and that complicates things enormously.

Dex-chan lover
@derpdederp I agree. He's clearly trusted, he's well-spoken, and he can beat samurai in a noble contest (of not getting drunk) which is also a fairly safe competition (meaning he should be coming home safely even on a loss). Basically a very good catch for what might well be the third or fourth daughter of a (presumably) not very wealthy clan.

80% of this manga is:

*shizuko makes something*
*oda tries it out*
*SPENDID*

and I freakin love it

Fed-Kun's army
I read porcelain and by brain thought I was reading Hyouge Mono for a second there

Dex-chan lover
Child marriage in the 16 century is fine but is it still fine if the guy in question time traveled from the 21st century?

Dex-chan lover
As expected, some readers give amazing reactions to the marriage. Hopefully as a sarcasm, but in the case of the opposite, I think the fact that Mitsuo doesn't see her as a woman (yet) but as a kind of daughter instead should relieve you from the burden of overthinking things.

Users who are viewing this thread