Senken no Majutsushi to Yobareta Kenshi - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Double-page supporter
Hell, at some point in the middle age in Europe, it was forbidden (or at least heavily frowned upon) to use a fork to eat, because it was the instrument of the Devils in hell themselves. And yeah, being left-handed was really not seen kindly either.

So twins being seen are evil monster isn't actually that far-fetched... we actually did worse more than once in our long History.

Dex-chan lover
@jeff08 The question is is he searching to get reunited with them, or to get revenge on them? Also, how exactly does the Goddess factor into all of this, as it is evident he doesn't exactly like her?

Sky

teaboot-okay-new-rule-if-you-regularly-consume-the-blood-39788998.png

@Umesan - Sadly, I had the same issues growing up since I'm also a natural left handed person. Unfortunately, for me though I never managed to learn how to write with my right hand. And, for some odd reason, all the women on my mothers side of the family are all left handed so there were some people who thought that maybe we were descendants of witches at one point. Until my baby brother was born left handed too. XD But seriously people can be incredibly ridiculous and idiotic with their superstitions! Not to mention, going to church was always awkward for us with people being on the fence on how exactly to treat us without looking hypocritical in their religious practices. Nowadays we're seen as artistic geniuses. Look how far we've come, not! -___-;

@riger religions can influence a lot of absurd things and thinking, especially so when they are in a world without science and super natural things is common. To be honest, the real world is more or less the same. Like the common conception where people think that every Islamist is a terrorist, or how Asian is good at math. If a large group of people believe in it, then it will certainly affect the surroundings. It’s absurd how these people act though. That is to say, this is just my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone
I don't have enough of the background to judge whther that is just him thinking it, or if its true. Probably true because 'manga'.
All gods that have a single belief system the mc disagrees with is at least partially evil. Many times, even the summoning god can be evil, like in Arifureta or Michibiku. Its practically a trope, at this point.
@Umesan
I'm left handed, and in school the teachers literally forced me to right with my right hand by throwing away any paper I wrote with my left. I never really understood why... But if she had that belief you're talking about, it makes a bit more sense. Because I didn't begin getting taught to write with my left hand until third or fourth grade, my handwriting is absolute HORRIBLE, lol.

I see a lot of discussion about the book, but is no one going to point out the picture at the end.

How adorable the twins are pretending to have Sword Magic. With one twin holding a stick and the other throwing the sticks up in the air. SO ADORABLE

Dex-chan lover
such evil they make their parent died, this is why twins are dangerous

Dex-chan lover
this.. beautiful..

rarely see this kind of story formed as manga.

i hope i can read this til the end.

MC looking for his companion, feeling responsible for twins being called evil, having some strong opinions on the goddess and clueless about common knowledge of this world that the native inhabitants are very dramatic about... I'm guessing the "evil twins that hurt the goddess" could be well related to MC, perhaps the companion he's searching for is his twin? They are summoned by the goddess but a conflict occurred then MC+companion hurt goddess to escape etc? or maybe he's a descendant of the twins? Anyone with spoilers can give some hints I'm curious lol

The kids being able to recover so fast from such a trauma deserves high praise tbh, I can't imagine if I could ever recover if I experienced such a horrible life, at least not a big change in personality and outlook on life and trust in humanity.

Side topic, tldr:
Religious, cultural and/or societal influence on humans' perceptions on reality through brainwashing, gaslighting, twisting/nitpicking/cherry-picking the truth to fit narratives, etc aren't really "new practice" or profound in the way that modern society isn't aware of the consequences IRL. In history, during the time when female rights were barely existent, newborn female babies were directly disposed of due to the belief that they weren't a productive labour force, not to mention the infamous witch-hunt, scientists branded as heretics etc. There are still many pointless conflicts, discriminations, fear and paranoia stemmed from those teachings happening to this day. It's just that it's really frustrating and saddening to see because it's mainly caused by the authorities, reinforced by the blind followers and nothing much can be done because most of the time societal formed morality is basically tied to religious teachings in many countries and they can hide behind religions and laws on a "moral high ground" that followers of the same religion would support. Generally, no one can change such a reality, not if people don't want to change for the better, authorities and followers reform and better their religious teachings from within their religion.

Basically, what I'm saying is, most common people want to believe they are good people, by following the religions they have, that (taught/brainwashed/misled/whatever-you-called-it) them the ways, and with faith (which is consistently encouraged to just blindly believe) they feel what they do is justified and moral, regardless of whether they are aware of the consequences of their actions to others, regardless of what their conscience tells, they "believe" they do good. Not saying that their actions and behaviours are justified, excusable, negligible or should be supported, but it's just that in reality we can't really label them as "evil".
Sheep, lack of personal moral compass, gullible, easily influenced, paranoid, selfish, cruel, unkind, have existential insecurity or despair, seeking redemption and willing to sacrifice own values? Could be.
Malevolent, evil, deserve misfortune? Unlikely.
In the end, humans are flawed, humanity is never perfect too in the first place, and so humanity includes the selfishness and cruelty that humans display. To be humans and live in human society is bound to have such humanity issues.

Dex-chan lover
i also wonder why the parents acted the way they did. same clothing, same outward look. they could have changed their visuals just a bit to make them look alike, yet different.

but in the end, that's the plot for this story.

Double-page supporter
maybe foreshadowing but He didn't say "the church is deceiving everyone" but he said the goddess is, maybe he knows about the true history behind the shit in heaven or smthing ?

That women got some Escher legs going on at end.

Also, wouldn't most parents just kill one of the twins before anyone knew about it? You bypass the evil god thing and endup with only have one mouth to feed. And it shouldn't be too hard to dispose of an infant's body in that time period. Everyone has a fireplace, muck buckets, or any other form of garbage to put pieces into; plus there's still the pigs and wolves you could use too. If no one knows about it, then: No One Knows. And if someone finds out, just claim the other was stillborn. "Your child was blessed by the goddess, and was able to fight off the taint of the evil god. That's why there's only one." That or they're the Highlander.

Users who are viewing this thread