Senken no Majutsushi to Yobareta Kenshi

Group Leader
Not sure what I think about this. I have a lot of mixed feelings for this manga. It's not bad, but it's not good either. Honestly, I don't like the main character, either. It's not a bad plot, and the execution isn't bad either. The characters are okay, too. Overall, this is just enough to keep your attention to it. Honestly, this manga in my opinion is kinda the epitome of "meh."

@Touje i get what u mean every character that looks like him acts like him generatic and dumb as fuck like really
but kirito has fighting skills kind of idk how good that is for the time he lived in the world and i dont think u can rate anime fighting skills xD

but he has the first two requirements for being a kirito he uses a sword(s) he doesn't think that much about stuff je just kills them
uff jup another kirito dumb and uses a sword
but the kirito kind of dumb cause he doesn't think much he is way too naive and he just takes random children in that are called evil gods servants but takes them to a town

mehh he has "isekai cheats" i hate the word cheats in that combination but it just fits
u can just make him strong but pls dont give him stuff only he has + u can call it stuff that takes a long time to learn but he got that cause isekai its still bad but better then he has cheats and thats it

so i know isekais dont exactly follow logic but the reason y the church does dumb shit is cause it has a use like burning witches calmes the people cause now the reason for our bad harvest is gone
but reducing the population just cause we have a story that tells me twins are evil and only twins everything else is fine is dumb the church doesn't gain anything from it so the church wouldn't just needlessly reduce the population
+ in the case of twins u can just lie and say they just really look like the same age but aren't born at the same time

this is really enjoyable. If you like good fights and seeing underdogs struggle to survive it's probably a meh for you (MC shouting out what he was doing next bugged me a lot), but the lore of this is really interesting and the pacing of this story is good. There's a slow drip of information and backstory. MC has some interesting motivations which are pretty different to the typical generic isekai and there's no stupid fan service/harem/MC can't keep it in his pants etc.

Also, MC does not have isekai cheats
it's revealed in the latest chapter that he trained to learn his ability and it's by no means unique as some of his previous companions have the ability too. it seems that his world is more advanced in magical understanding hence why he appears overpowered. It's a cheat, sure, but not something he just got out of nowhere.

I think Nale might be the most boring character I've ever seen in... anything, not bad or good, just a complete and utter flatline devoid of anything that could make her notable in any way good or bad. She feels like a cardboard box the protagonist had to bring into his house because it would be harder to clean up soggy cardboard. I'll give her this, she'd be impossible to read in combat for exactly the same reason she's so hard to read about IRL.

I'm growing to like this tale more and more.
There are some mysteries surrounding the main characters.
With clues slowly revealed through their adventures and flashbacks.
The character of the woman Nale is a bit weird, but there's probably a hidden reason for it.

Dex-chan lover
this just screams UBW

After reading the synopsis, it made me wonder why the author couldn't simplify the title to just "The Sword Sorcerer". "Countless Swords" as a phrase is already a mouthful to say (which makes "Countless Swords Sorcerer" even more obnoxious as lingo in that regard), and sword-manipulation magic is a good hook on its own.
that's the English translator's fault. The JP version of his title means "The Swordsman who was called the Sorcerer of a Thousand Swords".

The "Countless Swords Sorceror" part is Senken no Majustushi; which is pretty short and not a mouthful as far as titles go.

If we compare to say, Megumin's "Explosion Mage": Bakuretsu madoushi. comparable length, just the English has a more condensed translation

Dex-chan lover
status says its "ongoing" but is that true? because i feel like it's on hiatus or something (or maybe it got licensed?)

Well uh my only thought after reading this manga is
. Mc is literally just a magnet that attracts troubles because of the way he solve problems,well that's expected since it is for "plot" purposes. The only problem is this manga didn't tell you backstory from start and mysteries kept popping out when story advance and I'm not the fan of that
Also this is the backstory I imagined
. Mc is typical resident from modern Japan and isekai'ed to that fantasy world which he met his master and fellow comrades. But then conflict between two parties , MC's master and unknown woman .(both of them may have tremendous power that can be called God?)The twin devil is probably from mc side and in the end that unknown woman won. Time passes and the legends said that that unknown woman is goddess which is from the good side and mc master is evil god. Then mc somehow went into future where he found out his master is accused as evil god. He also found out that the technology of magic went backwards so he was considered op .then he somehow got the information about his master and comrades and went on journey to find them ? I still can't explain the existence of modern lab in the middle of forest tho .maybe the whole lab Isekai'ed into the fantasy world and the researcher research about magic and create magic puppet as guards? Red eater might be one of experiment subject which failed and kill all people in the lab?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread