Senken no Majutsushi to Yobareta Kenshi

MC is boring but not as boring as some other MCs like the boring swordsman. He's probably a 5 or 6 on the "isekai magic swordsman" scale. And that's a real 5 meaning "average", not the MAL scale that starts at 5 and means irredeemable trash.

The world is like the most barebones fantasy around but the proper seeds have been sown to make it potentially become interesting. We kinda have a plot which is I guess MC looking for his comrades and investigating how the world works. But it hasn't gone anywhere yet and this may as well be a slice of life atm. Also the combat is good which helps.

Above all else, Nale is hot. A+ design.

Solid 7 with room to become a 6.

I think I found a plot hole in chapter 14 where
the MC told the info broker to lie that he left the country, but then ends up wanting to take on the 3 demons to become famous. Pretty contradictory to want to be gone, but then be famous and present.

Standard 14 year old self insert cringe. Not the worst but don't expect anything good

Love it how the MC is not invincible but just strong. Story is very solid with convincing and relatable characters. 10/10

the story itself isnt that bad, but it acts like this is a sequel or something, i mean it might be for all i know: but still if its a standalone thing then its just distracting

Fed-Kun's army
Who is the Countless Swords Sorcerer and why did the swordsman call him?

Dex-chan lover
I had high hopes for this but the protagonist is brain dead and keeps repeating the same mistakes. Some spoilers ahead.

-
He kills small fishes but leaves their bosses alive so nothing is ever solved.
-
Randomly he would claim "i don't want to stand out" and limit himself even if his 'daughters' are in peril. Other times he doesn't care it depends on plot conveniences.
-
He tries to run away and soon finds that its useless so he decides to repeat the same mistake
-
When he discovers the nobles and church are after him and want to force him into service he decides to not serve them and instead kill their enemies for free because logic
-
He spends 2 chapters making the same treat to the same enemies and giving some acceptance speech
-
the twins are no different. He tells them no to go out because dangerous people are targeting them. The literal next page they run away outside.

And whats worst is that t he poses and the way he holds his weapons is cringe worthy Look at this attacking stance https://mangadex.org/chapter/803643/13 or at this charge https://mangadex.org/chapter/803643/17 or this sneak attack https://mangadex.org/chapter/803643/21 this are all examples from one single chapter.

the manner of how to mcs background slowly reveals itself is pretty decent although i think its story progression is too slow and still way too many secrets for me. the mc is decently op and so far im fine with the it tho.

gotta say though i think its better if he/nale start/ed teaching the twins about stuff most especially magic or just anything that they can do to protect themselves. i mean the already snuck out twice already and the last one so far almost got them killed come on.

Can any WN reader please give spoilers about the MC's past.
Are the other summoned people dead?

Dex-chan lover
@apatel190 i've read some of the WN up until ch.90-ish.
if by "summoned people" you mean his past comrades, then not all. there are actually some of them appear later

@elemenopeee dunno if its intentional or not, but his origin story develop at snail's pace even though it has potential and the more interesting part of the story. even until chapter 90 of WN, the girl magician (Nale) that follow MC is not revealed full who she is, and what is her motive. (despite how she is so powerful compared to human in that world)

i see huhu.
also, do you know when will they start teaching stuff to the twins? or will they even bother to? huhu

Group Leader
@Fwaifuxsenpai doing so would kinda spoil the way it is introduced. it's not a typical one, and it only becomes obvious as you read the chapters

Dex-chan lover
@MudaUser33 I dropped it because I felt the same, but for different reasons. Its like the author doesn't know how to act masculine and draws the male lead in what he suspects looks manly so the male lead would throw random edgy poses and dialogue during a fight for example.

I literally have never seen him holding his sword properly even once.

Tbh, any mc that has kirito vibe i drop it
Idk how i came to hate kirito but his mc reminds me of him
*still bookmarks*

Users who are viewing this thread