Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi

Dex-chan lover
Hey look proper mask wearing principles. Over both mouth and nose and your intelligence shows.

Not quite what I meant when I was chanting "Kiss him you fool!" ...but good enough for government work!

Honestly if anything it seems to me like Natsumi maybe has an unrequited crush on Igarashi. Maybe the oneeshota plotline is actually just about two people whose current loves aren't gonna be reciprocated, and Natsumi just doesn't want to just say It's Not Gonna Happen Kid because she knows firsthand what it's like to know a person you love doesn't love you in the same way?
Or maybe I'm just grasping at straws trying to come up with an alternative reading because the oneeshota is the one thing keeping me from recommending this manga to my friends lol

Dex-chan lover
Do people actually like the third couple? I can't get behind it. If I'm generous with the ages, he is 17 and she is 23. That's already terrible. If I'm not being generous, the age gap is even more egregious. If you take into account the time that has passed in universe and when characters are introduced, this could be a 15-year-old getting flirted with by a 26-year-old!

Originally I thought they were going for a one-sided crush of a younger guy onto an older woman whose natural personality comes across as a big flirtatious, which I'm fine with. But the author seems to want to play it straight as she repeatedly teases him, flirts with him, and makes sexually suggestive jokes at him. It's just gross.

Dex-chan lover
Is there actually ever any significant progress between them? This doesn't seem worth reading if not.
As of ch. 200, she has admitted to herself she likes Senpai romantically. That is the only progress. I'm this deep and genuinely still not even sure if he likes her back. Second couple has made decent progress though, they are dating and stayed over together for New Year's.
Hold up. Why is this in the shoujo demographic??
Since its serialization is a virtual magazine that to my knowledge has no defined demographic (Ichijinsha's Comic Pool), it's mostly up to interpretation. It's marked as Josei on some other sites. 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread