Sensei wa Koi wo Oshierarenai - Vol. 4 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
@squashua15

He already has someone in mind. He isn't the least bit interested in her, so he isn't required to accept it. And it's very clear that she was into him, so it would be insincere to take the chocolate without having the idea of actually taking in mind her feelings with them. That would give her hope that maybe she has a chance, leaving a more awkward and crushing conversation for them to have. It would end in her feeling even worse for thinking she had a chance, and him feeling awful he had to reject her feelings.

It was the right decision.

And if you're talking about Sakota's girlfriend, they're both friends, so it isn't as awkward to reject the obligatory chocolates, because friends joke around with each other all the time and are more honest with each other.

@Quickshot76

your argument is solid, but i think there is simply a better way to resolve it. my point is they need to have that awkward and crushing conversation. just explicitly saying "no" when someone gives you chocolates will make them think you dislike them, which will have more negative effects. rejecting someone when they confess to you, however, will just make them aware that you do not feel the same way (that is, if you aren't a dick about it). both situations will hurt the person, but one will simply just hurt them and the other will help them grow and get over it. if he had accepted the chocolates, and then she one day confessed, it would be a lot easier for her to move on.
if he really wanted to deny the chocolates without being insensitive, he should have said "im sorry, i appreciate the thought, but i'm interested in someone else."

also, i disagree. he just blatantly denied the obligatory chocolates, literally saying "i don't want them". that's not "messing with your friends", that's being a dick to someone who worked to make you handmade chocolates. she's an airhead, so i get it won't hurt her, but it would be really insensitive in a real situation, friends or not. she literally screamed "i worked so hard on them, you know?"

Dex-chan lover
Can't tell if she fanatically obey no additional food in school except luch or extremely jealous, most likely both. She needs to find a guy... oh wait...

Meat Dumplings sensei is the mvp again.

Oof, that was a bit hard and cold rejection, should add "already received chocolates from my significant other", albeit it would stirr up sensei more but felt less of a dickish move. F to nameless girl.

Nishino gave Sakota chocolates, but Ryo got a whole box of them. Ouch. Teaser.

@darklittle1 she said she is not going to date him until he's a legal adult. So even after he graduates he'll still be getting blueballed & nagged for three years before getting any.

Y'all think you're reading a fluff manga, but really this is all some fucked up shit.
Maybe, but 3 years to be with someone you’re in love with?? Holy shit man that’s still a good deal, you don’t choose to fall for so when the opportunity arises you’ll hold on as hard as you can. Plus there’s a lot of types of love, for some people just being by their side is enough even if you want more.

Users who are viewing this thread