Sensitive Boy - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Abnormal

Und das boot has finally dropped. Brace yourself people, because as my mother used to constantly remind me... "It's going to get worse before it gets better."

Hahaha... hah... Christ, I need more bourbon. Well, at least his friends and Miyamoto-sensei will no doubt provide a sturdy support network to eventually help him through this hardship.

Dex-chan lover
Very good depiction of her trying her best to fight against the mentality she was raised with to believe in him. Too bad she seems to be losing that battle.

Dex-chan lover
giphy.gif

Fed-Kun's army
Hope he won't experience more pain... if she can't handle that pls just let her quietly leave and introduce new characters or smth :haa:

Dex-chan lover
Only if the school decided not to cover their asses and fire her quietly, and only if she was actually convicted
I actually think this is the case, remember the students from his old middle school never knew what actually happened to him, which is how they got the wrong idea about him in the first place. the fact that the story mentions the "tuition teacher" repeatedly at this point, all signs point to that teacher being Tsubasa's tutor, which I can only imagine how that will go down.

Group Leader
Yep here comes the social influence. Even though she WANTS to trust him, society's and her own upbringing standards creeps on her despite her.
I'm actually glad the author decided to go this route.
Is there another route?

Group Leader
This shit is getting way too fucking real. I just want my happy romance after a terrible situation.
Unfortunately, this isn't about romance though. Romance is just used to show Kaede's journey.

Group Leader
Sigh, I can't say I'm surprised, but here we go. I have a bad feeling about this. I bet she is going to change her mind and think it was his fault.
This happens in real life more often than we care to admit.

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately, this isn't about romance though. Romance is just used to show Kaede's journey.
Eh. I disagree. Romance is a fundamental part of this story. Yes, it is about the trauma Kaede has experienced. But it is also about his interactions with other people, with females, with women. And as such, romance is an integral part.

Group Leader
It started. This is where MC will start suffering from.

Her ideals are shattered. I want to see where this goes. I just hope she don't start hurting Kaede. He has already suffered enough.
I bet you she's going to feel "counter"-traumatized because her first experience was with such a "dirty" boy, instead of the clean Shoujo romance she is chasing.

Group Leader
Eh. I disagree. Romance is a fundamental part of this story. Yes, it is about the trauma Kaede has experienced. But it is also about his interactions with other people, with females, with women. And as such, romance is an integral part.
I think we are agreeing on the same thing. Romance is being used as a fundamental tool. The plot focuses on his sensitivities, and romance happens to be one of them. Romance here is not as it would typically appear in Romance genre.

Dex-chan lover
Oh so is this going to be like that boy's abyss manga where everything that can go wrong goes wrong for some cheap melodramatic nonsense for like 120 chapters over and over?

Dex-chan lover
Oh so is this going to be like that boy's abyss manga where everything that can go wrong goes wrong for some cheap melodramatic nonsense for like 120 chapters over and over?
I won't spoil anything, but I've read up to chapter 26 of Sensitive Boy, and it is much, much better than the backwater piss that is Boy's Abyss.

That's not a high bar, I fully admit, but I generally like Sensitive Boy, if that means anything.

Group Leader
So far it's been pretty realistic. Even her reaction of feeling disgusted is believable. Because it happens. People open up, then others start to treat them like something to be avoided.

Users who are viewing this thread