Sensitive Boy - Ch. 53 - Friends and Lovers

Group Leader
Sheesh, I sure hope all that break up talk isn't foreshadowing their destiny. There's really no reason why they absolutely have to break up, they totally can work out their issues and be happy. But I know what manga I'm reading and that I'm probably just gonna regret this, but I can't stop now.

Double-page supporter
Ohhhh.... finally peace..... for the moment....
Why I think this small piece of peace is omen for a coming storm?

Group Leader
The calm before the storm. This arc is going to end in tragedy made worse by Kanon and Izumi reconciling only to have their happiness ripped away.

Dex-chan lover
Editor: We need to do something. Readers aren’t enjoying this arc.

eLRSYVP.png

Author: Got it! Let’s bring Kaede into the next chapter. He’s a fan favorite.

OimunXO.png

Editor: Perfect! Use this opportunity to build excitement for Asahi, who'll be the focus of the next arc.

Author: Brilliant idea!

Dex-chan lover

Editor: Perfect! Use this opportunity to build excitement for Asahi, who'll be the focus of the next arc.

Damn holy shit, the likes ratio on arc 2 plummeted way down 📉

Dex-chan lover
Looking back, I think the manga would have been more compelling if it had intertwined the stories of all three characters, instead of dividing them into separate arcs.
Honestly I would have preferred if they just ended it at Kaede's story, maybe even expanded a bit more on his epilogue, and made these other arcs as spin offs.

They pretty much already are spin offs, but they just tacked them onto the main story. I can only guess that it's cause publishing a whole different spin off has tedious licensing issues, so it was easier for them to just do the spin offs in the same main story.

But as you showed, that has the risk of tanking the main story's ratings if the forced added spin off is not liked by viewers.

Dex-chan lover
I'm enjoying the manga, even if the ratings are plummeting. This chapter, in particular, was incredibly relatable to me - in fact, as someone who dated a mentally unhealthy person for 2 years, the whole arc has been almost spot-on on what my experience was like.

Hopefully Izumi and Kanon will end up better than me and my ex, but if everything ends in a glorious explosion, that in itself is its own kind of fun.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm enjoying the manga, even if the ratings are plummeting. This chapter, in particular, was incredibly relatable to me - in fact, as someone who dated a mentally unhealthy person for 2 years, the whole arc has been almost spot-on on what my experience was like.

Hopefully Izumi and Kanade will end up better than me and my ex, but if everything ends in a glorious explosion, that in itself is its own kind of fun.
Kanade? Do you mean Kaede or Kanon?

Dex-chan lover

eLRSYVP.png

OimunXO.png

Cool, so I'm not the only who made that call, I'm actually curious about what Asahi will go thru, he looks like the most levelheaded one out of the 3

Users who are viewing this thread