Sensitive Boy - Ch. 53 - Friends and Lovers

Dex-chan lover
I'm genuinely sad that I would like to move on to the next boy, because this couple could have had so much to say! Instead Izumi's detachment to others isn't really showing much consequence, and Kannon's mental illness, drug use and self-harming have not really been explored at all.

Nothing about their issues have actually had much consequence at all, the most we get is a somewhat normal argument and quick and clean reconciliation. She even seems to forget entirely about that stalker situation, heck it seems like the stalker forgot about it too!

Kaede's pathos was explored in-depth as a csa victim, Idk why the author seems almost afraid to fully tackle realities of self-harm/mental illness and sticks to using them as shorthand for "crazy gf" who doesn't even act very crazy?
The author says this is a story about how people in trauma go forwards with their life.

But their actions in the writing just shows that all the author wants is to trauma dump just for the hell of it.

Then when they are done throwing as much trauma as possible, they sprinkle a tiny bit of half assed happy ending to call it a day.

Then they move on to their next narrative punching bag and start the trauma farm all over again.

Actions speak louder than words.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I saw it too, did a double take. It would have definitely been surprising.
i don't expect the other friend to have a story like that but i can imagine a 'closeted boy struggling with his sexuality/hesitant about coming out to his friends/family' also being a story arc that'd fit within this type of setting)

Users who are viewing this thread