Sensitive Boy - Ch. 53 - Friends and Lovers

Previous arc had better character progression than this one and that's why it is less enjoyable. This one is plainly worse. It's not that I don't enjoy it, but I feel the difference.
Every fucking chapter feels the same, two screwed up people cannot comumitacte with each other. I kid you not if only Izumi's friends were more interested in him, they would talk some shit into him and his relationship.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I would have preferred if they just ended it at Kaede's story, maybe even expanded a bit more on his epilogue, and made these other arcs as spin offs.

They pretty much already are spin offs, but they just tacked them onto the main story. I can only guess that it's cause publishing a whole different spin off has tedious licensing issues, so it was easier for them to just do the spin offs in the same main story.

But as you showed, that has the risk of tanking the main story's ratings if the forced added spin off is not liked by viewers.
Cool, so I'm not the only who made that call, I'm actually curious about what Asahi will go thru, he looks like the most levelheaded one out of the 3
Actually, the author mentioned the three arcs from the beginning. This information was included in the Afterword of the first chapter. However, the translator of the first chapter overlooked translating it. I recall discussing this either on Reddit or here. Furthermore, the series should be titled "Sensitive Boys" rather than "Sensitive Boy."

ZmZgsQN.png

Dex-chan lover
Actually, the author mentioned the three arcs from the beginning. This information was included in the Afterword of the first chapter. However, the translator of the first chapter overlooked translating it. I recall discussing this either on Reddit or here. Furthermore, the series should be titled "Sensitive Boys" rather than "Sensitive Boy."

ZmZgsQN.png
Ah that makes more sense now.

See this is why when I used to TL stuff (cough ntr hentai cough), I always made sure to also do the author's notes, some authors like to randomly add very important stuff in their notes that they never say in the actual story.

Dex-chan lover
i juse hope that this is the end of this arc and we go back to the mc, she suffered enough bro

Dex-chan lover
Kaede ark ended with ass-pulled enemy trying to murder him, his trauma didn't get fixed one bit and as a bonus a cute thou selfish a bit girl got fucked up mentally.

This ark was kinda boring, "idol culture" victim and a "sensitive boy" who can't communicate properly, ends on kinda ass-pulled "sorry" and hand-holding while watching fireworks.

We get a clear sign that next ark for the last boy will start. This time some "lost lover" hinted. Lets see what kinda drama we will get this time.

Dex-chan lover
I'm enjoying the manga, even if the ratings are plummeting. This chapter, in particular, was incredibly relatable to me - in fact, as someone who dated a mentally unhealthy person for 2 years, the whole arc has been almost spot-on on what my experience was like.

Hopefully Izumi and Kanan will end up better than me and my ex, but if everything ends in a glorious explosion, that in itself is its own kind of fun.
His dialogue with his friend struck me. Kept a bunch of friends as close as I could. They got close enough to want something more, everytime I set my boundaries and it wasn't their expectations they cut me off. Now it's kinda hard to think if I was ever worth being someone's friend or if they only ever saw me as someone they wanted to be in a relationship with.

Dex-chan lover

ZmZgsQN.png
Ah

Kaede ark ended with ass-pulled enemy trying to murder him, his trauma didn't get fixed one bit and as a bonus a cute thou selfish a bit girl got fucked up mentally.

This ark was kinda boring, "idol culture" victim and a "sensitive boy" who can't communicate properly, ends on kinda ass-pulled "sorry" and hand-holding while watching fireworks.

We get a clear sign that next ark for the last boy will start. This time some "lost lover" hinted. Lets see what kinda drama we will get this time.

Whaaaa? No, this arc isn't over yet for sure. They still have the stalker issue, disagreement in future goals and the childhood friend guy clearly haven't given up on his love. Although I assume it will all crumble very quickly - the stalker will attack, they will have a last falling-out and move on shortly after (him with his studies, her with support from childhood friend)
Still kinda sucks we can't have a single happy ending. "Everybody needs to suffer" says the author, presumably.

Dex-chan lover
Who are the other people on page 13? I don't remember any of them other than the ex gf and her friend

Fed-Kun's army
Who are the other people on page 13? I don't remember any of them other than the ex gf and her friend
I think the couple in the middle of the page are Kaede's boss/ex-crush and her casual boyfriend. The one on the bottom is the school nurse guy, who is the widower to the boss lady's late sister.

Fed-Kun's army
I think this arc just took too long on set up. I was genuinely bored for most of it, which is unfortunate because I like the direction it's going in now. I think the author didn't lean heavily enough from the outset into the concept of being in a relationship with a mentally ill, traumatized person while being someone with an avoidant attachment like Izumi kind of shows.

And then pulling out a stalker plot twist right after doing that in the previous arc?? Idk doesn't seem very thought-out, but at least it makes way more sense for a former idol than the convoluted mess that was the last stalker.

Fed-Kun's army
Is this chapter been a foreshadowing for the shit show ahead? (God I hope so, kinda fed up with this)
I'm genuinely sad that I would like to move on to the next boy, because this couple could have had so much to say! Instead Izumi's detachment to others isn't really showing much consequence, and Kannon's mental illness, drug use and self-harming have not really been explored at all.

Nothing about their issues have actually had much consequence at all, the most we get is a somewhat normal argument and quick and clean reconciliation. She even seems to forget entirely about that stalker situation, heck it seems like the stalker forgot about it too!

Kaede's pathos was explored in-depth as a csa victim, Idk why the author seems almost afraid to fully tackle realities of self-harm/mental illness and sticks to using them as shorthand for "crazy gf" who doesn't even act very crazy?

Users who are viewing this thread