Sensitive Boy - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - Limit and Blockage

Dex-chan lover
I think it's something of a normal response coming from someone who will never be in the position of a boy being raped by a woman, and it's slightly more reasonable than it being asked when the genders are reversed (given the strength advantage a man has over a woman). Regardless, given what Kaede explained to her, it's as if she wasn't listening properly.
I wasn't raped but when I was little my cousin who was a few years older than me got on top of me and I can vividly remember that her weight was much greater than mine. She's more developed and weighs more and pushing her off of me would be a grand endeavor if I tried. If you can't fight them nor run away the only option is to freeze and that's why that response is quite normal.

Dex-chan lover
Y'know. She have the right to say most of it since she doesn't really know anything about sexual stuff but being suspicious and almost saying that He let that happen is out of the line.

Our poor boy. I still hope that they can understand each other.

Dex-chan lover
Reality might be a bitch, but it's one we have to live with, whether we like it or not.

That isn't really a good excuse for her, he has touched her before and she's fine with it but only after he told her his story she became like that, so I don't think it has anything to do with her being groped in the past
Just going to say that her mentioning she was groped on a train was just to relate to Kaede's own experience. That's all.
It was a criticism towards Kaede and the manga in general, not a defense of Tsubasa. If anything, I don't see any criticism of Tsubasa at chapter 8 when she could've criticized Kaede a little that while she herself was fine being touched by Kaede, others can have the same or even worse trauma than he does, so it was better to at least ask first. She didn't, and instead implicitly allowed him to touch her whenever in the context he can freely let go when he's the one feeling uncomfortable. To be fair, that might be realistic as her character. (I don't know any real life Japanese high schooler so I wouldn't know). Regarding her ignorance, and overidealized notion of romance and sexuality, the manga already does a good job showcasing them, and many commenters already criticized her many times over for that, so I felt I didn't need to restate it.

I originally said
"it threw the potential for Kaede himself to learn about respecting Tsubasa's boundaries, a potential which was implicitly buiding up." perhaps it was better to say that the manga has been building up potential that Kaede could learn to avoid becoming like that monster of a teacher (not literally becoming a rapist), something that is possible by following his notion of "normal" informed by the social conditions around him.

Nah bro, she's undefendable, she literally assumed that Kaede enjoyed been r*ped just because he's a guy. She could be biased and living in a fairy tale fantasy but that doesn't justify her shitty behavior and almost inexistent empathy.
That what I've been saying she's trash why do they want to forgive her before the author gives them a reason to it's weird

Double-page supporter
She really thought he liked being raped…
Why that mate...A lot of boys too think like her. That a guy likes to be raped.
They think that had it had happened to them they would have 'enjoyed' it and would have gone with the flow.

Sadly a lot of boys/men think along these lines. The above thing is their legit first reaction.
And in most cases their second and third reaction too.

Why because a lot of men think they are desperate. And since they are desperate for sex and female intimacy, they think they would be fine. But honestly I think they would've had a similar reaction to Kaede.

Dex-chan lover
This is about as much as I'd expect from a couple children trying to deal with this shit, right down to the inititial reaction of "It's okay, I understand" transitioning to "turns out it's not okay, I don't understand, WTF?!?!!"

Dex-chan lover
It was a criticism towards Kaede and the manga in general, not a defense of Tsubasa. If anything, I don't see any criticism of Tsubasa at chapter 8 when she could've criticized Kaede a little that while she herself was fine being touched by Kaede, others can have the same or even worse trauma than he does, so it was better to at least ask first. She didn't, and instead implicitly allowed him to touch her whenever in the context he can freely let go when he's the one feeling uncomfortable. To be fair, that might be realistic as her character. (I don't know any real life Japanese high schooler so I wouldn't know). Regarding her ignorance, and overidealized notion of romance and sexuality, the manga already does a good job showcasing them, and many commenters already criticized her many times over for that, so I felt I didn't need to restate it.

I originally said
"it threw the potential for Kaede himself to learn about respecting Tsubasa's boundaries, a potential which was implicitly buiding up." perhaps it was better to say that the manga has been building up potential that Kaede could learn to avoid becoming like that monster of a teacher (not literally becoming a rapist), something that is possible by following his notion of "normal" informed by the social conditions around him.
Kaede has literally done nothing wrong and/or questionable to be criticized over.

Unless Tsubasa has explicitly stated what her boundaries are, there is know way that Kaede would have known. Also, outside of the initial rejection of touch by Kaede, everything that Tsubasa has felt awkward/disgusted by was after she was told what actually happened to him and not of her own experience.

His idea of "normal" is literally for him to not have been raped.

Users who are viewing this thread