Sensitive Boy - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Touching Hands

Dex-chan lover
she kinda reminds me of yamada from skip to loafer who litterally said that he would "date anyone at this point" because he absolutly want a girlfriend ( why ? probably the status of '' having a girlfriend" makes you stand out, plus you can brag about it )
she doesn't care about Kaede, she care about her perfect doki doki concept of love and to check all the marks in her shojoesque romance

Dex-chan lover
A new... tuition teacher? Yeah that's certainly just a throwaway phrase that has absolutely no relevance to the story we've been reading so far. Right? Right? T_T

The manga continues to be suffocating, but like, in a good way. It's a very difficult topic to explore, and having teens as our main characters complicates things tenfold, but I hope we can see some healthy progress soon. It's not like Tsubasa is absolutely perfect for Kaede (although who am I to judge), but as long as she's not pushing him to act way out of his comfort zone, he can use this as an opportunity to grow and heal.

Dex-chan lover
Neither of them has a healthy view of sex and relationships. One is traumatized, and the other has an over-idealization problem. This is not going to go well.
Well... Fuck. This isn't going to end well.
They gonna hurt each other soooo hard at some point

I wonder... as it stands, it seems like she's incidentally sync'd up to Kaede's tempo because she wants a "pure" intimate relationship like in her shoujo romances, while he struggles with contact with women to begin with.

That sounds like it'll actually work out, but only to a point, since Kaede is actively striving to become "normal". He may "grow past" Tsubasa, becoming more comfortable with sexual intimacy that surpasses what she's comfortable with. Ideally, that would challenge her to at least partly abandon her own idealizations, but I suspect that said desynchronization would rub Tsubasa the wrong way, leading Kaede to believe that he did something particularly harmful to her and fomenting-- at least-- a disgust with his own sexuality.

That's just a conjecture, though.

Users who are viewing this thread