Sensitive Boy - Vol. 4 Ch. 28 - Tsubasa and Aya

Dex-chan lover
So here’s the test, whether or not you think the comments are too hard on Tsubasa, will she internalize any of this?

I’m not saying she needs to find Kaede and start groveling, but if she continually blames everyone else for her discomfort, then her problems go deeper than never getting sex ed.

Even if she felt the way she did, it was needlessly cruel to accuse Kaede of not fighting his rape hard enough and not maintaining his “purity” for her.
I ended up talking to friends about this manga and joking about the Reddit defenders of Tsubasa, but we discussed a point about how she’s not in the wrong for having those darker thoughts, it’s a perfectly normal reaction to being that sheltered, or having zero experience with such things. The issue lies with like you said, she blames everyone around her and was needlessly cruel with the accusations.

I for one hope she does internalize this and grows as a person, and I look forward to what this author is capable of writing.

Supporter
uc

Dex-chan lover
Tsubasa reminds me of those hardcore religious' Christians who go about the crap of "waiting until marriage" and say that sexual things are only meant for "creating a family" rather some actions come fun to malicious actions (to Seto and Aya's case)

Dex-chan lover
Tells you that sex-ed is important af. Parents doesn't need to somehow feel disgusted or act like it's taboo to tell kids about these things at a young age. But anw, go get her Aya!! WHOOOO :win: :win: :win:

Sadly Japan has a very poor and horrible sex-ed. Many conservative countries don't even teach about sex-ed until they are fully adults or they figure it out all on their own. One Christian youtuber didn't know about it until she was 20 years old. She was homeschooled as well

Dex-chan lover
Sadly Japan has a very poor and horrible sex-ed. Many conservative countries don't even teach about sex-ed until they are fully adults or they figure it out all on their own. One Christian youtuber didn't know about it until she was 20 years old. She was homeschooled as well
That's wild. 20 years old? Surely she was lying. Sex was never, not once, spoken about in my household and yet by the age of 6 I already knew about it. Not from school, not from friends but from curiosity. The internet is so easily accessible it's hard to believe anyone wouldn't know about sex by the age of 20 unless they were Amish or something

Forgot to add, when I was 6 the internet was less accessible than it is now and pretty slow. So.. yea.

Dex-chan lover
When Tsubasa started blaming her parents and her upbringing for why she has such an aversion to sexual acts and why she blamed Kaede for being raped, I realized that this isn't going to be such a short resolving to this situation. Tsubasa cannot comprehend the fact that she is responsible for the words that come out of her mouth, whether it be good or bad. That's not something you can fix by one confrontation, that's going to require her to mature. Maybe this is the start of that maturing period but it's clear to me now, the current Tsubasa won't, can't and shouldn't meet with Kaede to make amends. She does not know what she has done.
She does comprehend it... but she's too immature to accept it.

She's someone who is averse to sex itself.. she knows she's wrong, but her aversion
Ikr.... so, like, when's aya becoming main girl. cause tsubasa is actually such a shitty character. I can't stand her blame-shifting
No, she's an annoying character, not a bad one.

She has a clear flaw she needs to overcome.

Frankly, it seems to be more of a phobia than a hatred...

So she's a sexphobic character who dated a sex victim.

If she wasn't sexphobic, the conflict wouldn't be "why am I in this situation" but instead "how do I apologize and should I even meet him".......

Dex-chan lover
Which is stupid as hell and need to be changed asap. Don't act like it's taboo or anything. It's not frickin 1689 or something anymore. You have to realize and not be a hypocrite, you as a parents does it, and your kids will eventually be doing it too like what Aya said. Adolescent teen will be curious and eventually stumble upon this topic sooner or later because it's just human nature and you Can't. And. Do Not. have the rights to prevent it. You only can educate them on how to do it properly when the time comes which will be more useful than hiding it.

Sorry for my rant btw lol.

Users who are viewing this thread